0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: awesome site!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 23-Nov-06  @  11:22 PM   -   awesome site!!

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

http://www.cpepweb.org/

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/13                 Date: 04-Dec-06  @  06:59 AM   -   RE: awesome site!!

psylichon

Link?: Link

Dancing Wu Li Masters is quite a good book. So is "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, if you want an authoratative and mind-blowing explanation of string theory.

And for an interesting point of view, check out "The Crack in the Cosmic Egg" ... forget the author. His viewpoint has always stuck with me regarding matters scientific....

And if you like multidimensional mindfucks, check out: Understanding 10 dimensions.... it's only a few minutes long, and it may seem boring at first. But if you sit through it and really listen and try to follow your mind will blast into tiny little bits all over your pretty little LCD screen.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/13                 Date: 04-Dec-06  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: awesome site!!

Moujik

Link?: Link

These sorts of things tend to discredit Darwinian evolution as a theory, in my opinion. I mean how does an animal of such "limited intelligence" evolve to utilize such an esoteric and hidden facet of nature?

This doesn't discredit Darwinian evolution at all....

Message 13/13                 Date: 05-Dec-06  @  09:02 AM     Edit: 05-Dec-06  |  09:03 AM   -   RE: awesome site!!

Zazza

Link?:  No link

psylichon wrote:

I recently learned via the Discovery Science channel how geckos walk on walls and ceilings.

Wanna take a guess?

Its not sticky pads or glue or barbs or suction cups or anything like that, yet you can lift a kilogram or more with a gekko before you will harm it, making it one of the strongest forces of its type in the animal kingdom.

Wanna guess how it does it?

Quantum physics!

Each foot has a pad with over 20 million nanohairs, each of which splits into frayed ends. These tiny hair tips are so small that they entagle themselves with the quantum foam of whatever they touch, no matter how smooth the surface. The individual force of each hair is tiny, but the accumulative effect is so great that they need to literally peel their feet off of whatever they walk on. They have extremely flexible joints that peel back from that toe when they walk. Crazy shit!

These sorts of things tend to discredit Darwinian evolution as a theory, in my opinion. I mean how does an animal of such limited intelligence evolve to utilize such an esoteric and hidden facet of nature? It seems that such unreal traits exist all over the animal kingdom, and I believe they are hints to the secrets of the universe, not evolutionary advantages.

Besides, evolution requires the existence of time, which is just another illusion worth investigating. In another thread.

In what way are they 'unreal traits'. They have simply taken advantage of a purely natural phenomenon... the weak interactions between atoms/molecules which only come into play at a small enough scale. The hairs are very small, therefore they can exploit the electrical attractive forces between them and the surface molecules.

In which way this is supposed to discredit Darwinian evolution I would ask you enlighten us.

Mind you, this is a great example of 'Intelligent Design' if I ever saw one....

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum