0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Bass. EQ Roll off.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 05-Mar-03  @  08:16 PM   -   Bass. EQ Roll off.

Boo

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I keep hearing from some people that they tend to rip out the last 20hz downwards...

Good idea? Bad idea?

I keep hearing conflicting info.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/13                 Date: 07-Mar-03  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Bass. EQ Roll off.

k

Link?:  No link

and of course - the sidechain can be fed a filtered version of the bass, or another sound completely if it comes to that

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/13                 Date: 07-Mar-03  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Bass. EQ Roll off.

Boo

Link?:  Link

I'm finding that I nearly always sidechain my bass compressor to the kick or other sounds. Rhythmic drones sound good with their compressor sidechained to a kick or snare with a longish attack and decay. Pulsey goodness.

Message 13/13                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Bass. EQ Roll off.

BJT

Link?:  No link

A good idea to do on samples and vocal material as it gets rid of DC offset, which makes no difference to analog equipment but causes unnecessary clipping in digital.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum