0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: Horn arrangements

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 26-Feb-01  @  08:35 PM   -   Horn arrangements

99devils

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi guys. I'm looking for tips, pointers, web resources, anything... I've got a tune I'm working on with my band-project and I want to throw some horn arrangements into it, but I've never written that kind of thing before. Do they mostly move in traditional 4-part, ie no paralell 5ths and octaves? What about smaller brass sections, like one trumpet and one trombone?

Gotta dust off the old horn and remember how to play  

-Craig

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/13                 Date: 16-Mar-01  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Horn arrangements

damballah

Link?:  Link

yup

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/13                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Horn arrangements

k

Link?: Link

C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C
            x             x   x     x                                    

chord - test

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/13                 Date: 17-Apr-01  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: Horn arrangements

Boxwell

Link?: Link

I know it's probably too little too late but I was always told with brass arrangement, to keep the seperate notes that each instrument is playing quite close together. With string arrangements you should keep the notes as far apart as possible to get that floaty sound. Then again, I'm just a student who is still struggling to come to terms with heavy theory so what the fuck do I know? (message to xoxos, influx, sitar and the rest - that last question does not need to be answered)

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum