0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: How do I create a breakbeat ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Mar-00  @  09:35 AM   -   How do I create a breakbeat ?

Shoto

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

What do you need to create break beats,(software, hardware) and how do you go about it tecniquely ? Any tips will be licked up happily?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/13                 Date: 30-Mar-00  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: How do I create a breakbeat ?

R-Tek

Hardstep was kinda the predecessor 2 Tekstep - tuff, militant beats with shitloads of atmospherics and fat b-lines. It wasn`t so depressive though u know? More dancefloor kinda stuff that girls were more than happy 2 shake their arses 2. I think Grooverider actually coined the term himself with some mix album he put out.

When I wrote that last message I was in a bit of a mood about it all, I still love dnb as much as I`ve ever done and a well-pregrammed 2-step beat can tear up the dancefloor bit time, but I kinda agree - we need more variety, producers need 2 start thinking 4 themselves again rather than doing the done thing 2 get their tunes bought. More soul please, more funk, more girls back on the dancefloors.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/13                 Date: 31-Mar-00  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: How do I create a breakbeat ?

Chay

Sometimes 2-step can get kinda boring, but its the simplicity that makes it work. You can concentrate on drum sounds, and slight variations will sound cool cause it changes th feel. But programming it is boring. I like creating rolly breaks with some complexity. Ya know?

Message 13/13                 Date: 07-Apr-00  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: How do I create a breakbeat ?

unknown_talent

is this breakbeat ? ...

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum