0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Does This Sound Like a Good Setup?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Dec-99  @  08:35 PM   -   Does This Sound Like a Good Setup?

Danny

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

2 Gemini Turntables
The PS 626 3 channel mixer from Gemini
An just a cheap midi and sampler (MC 303 and a SP 202)

I already own the 303, 202, and mixer. I was lookin at a few turntables. A Pair of Gemini ones (200 each) look good, but you guys know more then me i am sure.

If this is ok please tell me or if you think i should change some stuff or recommend different things please do. Just keep in mind i am on a slight budget so like 2000$ units are out.

Thank you in advance!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/13                 Date: 07-Apr-00  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: Does This Sound Like a Good Setup?

max coombe

just to add to the chorus really - if you're serious about DJing, get Technics SL1200/1210's as I don't know of any club that doesn't use them.

most of the djs/artists used in the vestax adverts/reviews don't actually own them or use them - that's marketing budgets for you - but they actually are a decent alternative to technics.

...but if you're planning on playing more places than your living room - buy the technics - you won't regret the investment.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/13                 Date: 09-Apr-00  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: Does This Sound Like a Good Setup?

:||CHAMBER||:

Well, I'll just jump in here and also say, buy Technics. I've got a pair of the 1210 mk2's that I just love. With the 1200/1210 you can't go wrong. A friend of mine is wanting to pick up his own turntables and he is looking at the Gemini PT-2000's, I keep telling him to just pay the little extra bit of cash and get the Technics, but he thinks he has a winner. I don't know if this is true but the sales person told him that Technics basically made the turntable and it is just sold thru Gemini... sounds like a load of crap to me. Oh well... One other thing, Technics will maintain thier value if you find out you don't like working with turntables so you should be able to get most of your money back out of them.

As far as your mixer, that Gemini should be fine. I like the Vestax (PMC-17A) I've got now, everything has a nice smooth solid feel to it. Next thing I'm adding though is a Federation BPM FX unit to the rig, that will be fun.

Message 13/13                 Date: 11-Apr-00  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Does This Sound Like a Good Setup?

dj_hobbes

As far as PT-2000's go, they are definitely _not_ made by technics. They are straight Gemini crap. The only reason I bother to write in is that I'm spinning a club tonight that uses them. They can't hold a pitch worth a damn! I'm bringing my 12's because I hate them that much...

Not to even mention the damn reset button that locks the pitch to zero and ignores the pitch control. Should've seen me spinning on 'em for the first time, makes for great entertainment. Try it on your friend if he/she gets 'em. Push the button, light up the LED and watch them struggle to keep the beats lined up ha

"I keep pushing the right table and pushing it but it's always too slow!"

peace

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum