0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Help me, why does it distort?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  10:00 PM   -   Help me, why does it distort?

blackkeys

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Help.
I have a Yamaha P80, E5000, MU80 and they go through a mixer MAM SLE 82. (I know it's not that good but that shouldn't matter in this case.)
Okey, when I set all the volumes on the mixer I can get an equal volume all over exept for the P80 which distorts at the same level as the others. Not even close.
I have to put the P80's level to 50% compared to the rest to make the distortion go away. All the volume controllers on each "instrument" is set to the max. I adjust everything from the mixer.
Do I have to turn dowm all the other ones 50% to make all the instrument equal?
Please help this really annoys me.
/John

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/12                 Date: 06-Feb-01  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Help me, why does it distort?

99devils

What happens if you swap the P80 to
different mixer channels, ones that you
know work with other gear? Is it still
like that? Then it's not a mixer
problem, it's something with the P80.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/12                 Date: 06-Feb-01  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Help me, why does it distort?

k

if swapping channel doesnt work, the p80 output is fucked - cheap to get fixed most likely.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum