0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Analog or Digital ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Dec-00  @  03:48 AM   -   Analog or Digital ?

jamie

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have a Spirit folio SX and am looking at getting replacing it as I have run out of inputs. I am looking at a Spirit Ghost. Or should I go digital ? ie the Yamaha 03V. My current setup has a JV1080, ESI 4000, SW1000 (PC), CS1X, EA1, CZ101 and all audio is taken care of by a terratec EWS88MT audio card. The PC is running Logic audio.
My Outboards include an Alesis compresor (noisey or what) Lexicon MPX100 and a Zoom 2000.
Im producing UK Garage / RnB.

How would an 03V improve anything.

Am I talking shit or what ?????

Thanks

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/12                 Date: 01-Jan-01  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Analog or Digital ?

Vulture

I am currently in the market for a digital 8-bus mixer. One of the things that turned me off to the Yamaha offerings is that they don't offer many really good possibilities for integration with a lot of outboard processors. I have some good quality outboard FX, don't really need more (well...), and the Yamaha makes it difficult to add these seamlessly into the mix without sacrificing something.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/12                 Date: 04-Jan-01  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Analog or Digital ?

99devils

Yeah, the 01v isn't as well endowed with I/O as I'd have liked. There's no send/return pairs... You can use the 4 aux sends and bring the returns back through the channels, or you could get the analog expansion - since you don't get full EQ and dynamics on those channels they make great returns. But you're right, if you use a lot of outboard you'll eventually wind up short on I/O with an 01V. It'd also be nice if it could handle digital ins on all channels - 24 channels of all-digital hardware mixing. Fully automatible.

But that's not really the 01v's cup of tea. It's more of a nice all in one box with a limited set of versatile, reconfigurable I/O options. If you want something more serious then I guess you need an 03D or 02R.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum