0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 new tracks, please check em out

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Nov-01  @  11:23 PM   -   2 new tracks, please check em out

Sensoniq

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"Stardust" and "Sad Song in Shanghai".

Please check them out and tell me what you think...As you can see I'm having a lot of fun with the orchestra section of me new K2500

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/11                 Date: 12-Nov-01  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks, please check em out

sensoniq

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Thanks a lot for the feedback peeps, and all of these trackvotes in my mailbox -- glad you guys like my stuff so much, maybe it's time to start sending out some demos

Sad Song in Shanghai is the tune where I had to mix it down about 9 different times just to get the tone I wanted back from that technoid synth line that comes in in the middle. I had the tone I liked but lost it, so I was trying to get it back. I knew the frequencies I wanted to boost (ahh those sweetspots) but I wasn't sure how much to boost them -- I had added a lot of other parts since so they kinda hid the technoid synth in the mix. So I had to do nine or so different mixes and took the best-overall-sounding one...As I was listening I realized that the tone of one thing can actually interact with the tone of another, and if one of those tones is slightly off then the interaction/feel can be lost...This is something I was never really aware of before, at least that it was so important

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum