0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Who is the enemy

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Original Message                 Date: 31-Oct-02  @  01:42 PM   -   Who is the enemy

cheddar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Really if the US is spending more on military than the rest of the world combined then ...who is the enemy?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 101/138                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

k

Link?:  Link

now HOW could we do that xoxos?  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 102/138                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

influx

Link?: Link

cheddar..honest...I aint no ones dad and I do my best to be as subversive as possible where I see fit

but I do believe in contribution, and NOT taking blindly from others.

"leaching" as in welfare abuse, etc. Im all for social assistance as long as we all contribute in an effort to bring help to those who need it.

good example of what I absolutely abhor: Gutter Punks ("crusties")...say up in Santa Cruz, SF, Portland...

the ones that just fucking sit around all day smoking mooched cigarettes and panhandling...

and when you say "sorry, not today, I gave my free money away tuesday" they spit at you, tell you to fuck off, GRAB YOU?

FUCK THAT. The people that think they are OWED something and arent willing to put any effort toward getting it except for holding their hands out, and then throw insolent attitude around?

fuck off with that shit and anyone who tries to defend it.

Message 103/138                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Zazza

Link?:  No link

Ever tried sitting down and talking to one of the people you abhorr? Asked them what their story is? Maybe they have names... maybe they don't really want to sit on the streets freezing their butts off? Maybe you'd realise that if you'd ever been on the streets..

Ever tried getting a job when you have no address? No clean clothes? No money?

I don't know that particular scene in Portland, Santa Cruz wherever but I do know that most of the kids on the streets of london come from homes where they have bee sexually and physically abused.. o yeah and from mental hospitals.. they call it 'care in the community' here.. haha.. put the schizos on the streets and let them fend for themselves..

Pray, man that you never end up on the streets having to listen to some guy telling you he's out of 'free money'...

If you don't want to give money then be polite about it... after all these people are human beings too..

Message 104/138                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Randy Marr

More fuel for the fire

Message 105/138                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

xoxos

za influx is on the ball there. there is a certain style/tradition of streeting (or whatever it's called) in seattle that tends to invite kids into it and nurtures a less than modest attitude. old girl used to be one/run a home in time.

Message 106/138                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

influx

zazza youre starting to piss me off with your sarcasm.

listen to me real good, ok? I have been homeless, dude. I lived in a fucking van for two different time periods, not knowing quite where I would end up.

things got WAY better for me, and I am appreciative.

the "all out of free money thing" isnt my typical response. I do my share, and I know it. You have no idea.

the kind I was talking about are the dirty fucks who often CHOOSE this lifestyle so they have no responsibilities (hey, great!) but expect others to cater to their needs. Im not talking about genuinely down and out people..well maybe they are but the way they go about it...

ahh theres no use explaining. You're gonna read your agenda into pretty much everything anyone has to say, man. I gotta say Im a bit put off by it. I usually respect your take on things, but you keep just pushing the "You really dont know shit you rich white racist" shit and its just far enough off the mark to be offensive to me.

I do not OWE these people ANYTHING. Consideration and compassion are not debts, they are not markers that can be called in. I help when i can. I buy people food when I see them lookin hungry, but Im not gonna give some fuckin hippy kid money so he can buy some weed just because he wants to be "free from oppression"

fuck that.

Message 107/138                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Zazza

influx: sarcasm, what sarcasm? Sorry if i'm pissing you off.. just stating my take..

'free money' isn't sarcasm? pot, kettle, kettle, pot  

xoxos: sure there are assholes on the street just the same as anywhere else.. as I made clear I don't know the scene in those areas.. so I will bow to your first hand experience there.. I can only talk about what I know, which I believe is exactly what I did..

I will tell you what DOES piss me off tho, is well-off people pissing on poor people, basically blaming them for being poor and whinging about their tax dollars..

Message 108/138                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Zazza

influx: if you don't want to give them money.. don't.. and I have never called you racist, rich, white or a shit as far as I can recall.. don't be paranoid..

peace  

Message 109/138                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

influx

yes but youre implying that since I dont feel the need to give my money away...

awww nevermind.

I dont blame poor people for their plight. SOME, DEFINITELY

nothing is ever all anything. but there are DEFINITELY "poor people" who are there by their own doing.

and gutter punks, well...if someone expects me to give them handouts, well...sorry but fuck that, and I will have a snazzy comment or two for some dreadlocked shithead who lays the expectation on me.

you should hear my "social assistance program" theory:

its really quite simple. EVERYONE pitches in $5 a month to the "pot"

this "pot" is available to ANYONE who can demonstrate a genuine need...$500...$1000...$10000? whatever

with how many people there are in the states...imagine what $5 a month could do?

but you have to prove you paid into it to take out of it, unless that is of course you simply can NOT.

its flawed, of course...but the beauty of the simple potential is there!

Message 110/138                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

k

"spare change?"... "yes thanks!.. have a nice day!"

no man influx is right - you can ask, but dont step up to me please, especialy those ing windscreen washers! - but a flash of my handy 'in-truck pick-axe' handle get's rid of them  

once you've lived somewhere where the beggers have no legs or arm or eye's or whatever shit why the should i give my dosh to some dickbrain with two of everything who can also afford a ing DOG!!!.. I cant afford a frikkin dog for s sake why the hell should i pay for a ing dog wearing a scarf!!

lol! - (sorry being sarcy)

and yes i DO do my bit at the homeless shelter etc so off with that idea!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

There are 138 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum