0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Beats

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Original Message                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  10:29 AM   -   Creating Beats

karibe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm wanting to know what do I really need to create some fat beats I have no hardware except for a computer with alot of memory. What all do I need to get started and how much would it cost.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 101/115                 Date: 10-Jan-00  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

eddie

Wow... I learned so much more stuff than asking the stupid fucked up attitude dj asses in seattle...
DOnt ever come to seattle , it is rhe place for yuppie bussinesman in their gas gusling SUV s and trendy bitches... everyone is trying to hard to be so cool they have lost their personality, same with recordshop people and dj's too.OK. Here come my question..
I am about to get a Numark TT-1910 directdrive turntable.. tell me what u guys think about that turntable for a beginner.. i got no fucking clue about dj ing, i watch couple guys, all they do is at the end of the each song kill the bass kil the treble fade in to next song...shortly... THEY SUCK and they got the "dj" attitude..
the other stuff i have is korg electribe synth, Kawaii midi key2, roland jx 3-p and about the get a electribe drum machine but no so sure, i could get a midi controller like phat-boy to control fruity loops or rebirth..
what i wanna do is to have a live playing setup, maybe running fruity loops from the pc, mixing vocals maybe beats from turntable. i guess i need a mixer too.
i got no clue about the mixers, my pc has 2 inputs it was enough so far, but ican pan or fade anything live... so it sucks!
What should i do? get another turntable (i really dont want to) , should i get a 3-4 channel dj mixer so ican
x fade between computers... fuck.. i got no clue...
kind of music i do right now is bigbeat/break/d n b
i also wanna have live gigs with another guiter/bass player...
So.... Help is greatly appreciated... thanx...
and check out my first d n b thingy tell me what you think coss i am pretty new to this stuff....

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 102/115                 Date: 17-Jan-00  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

jtech

just a simple groove that i build alot of ideas around.

Message 103/115                 Date: 19-Jan-00  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

yrone

supprised to see diGitaLia's influences include Scorn
I friggin love scorn
that and of course autechre
we should collaborate hehe

Message 104/115                 Date: 21-Jan-00  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Jtech

so I was listening to this thing by Shogun yesterday. They were throwing out this amazing jungle groove and basically my question is how do they get the snares to roll in the middle of a measure? It sounds like the BPM is normally 160 or so but the rolls on the snare seem like it bumped up to 400 BPM or so. I don't know whats up with that but I would like to utilize that effect in my tunes.Any ideas anyone?
thanks,
JT

Message 105/115                 Date: 25-Jan-00  @  09:21 AM   -   Jungle Music

Eternal_Adv

File?:  File

jung19.wrk

Hello, this is Eternal Advancement here. I've only been making music since 9th grade, so almost 4 years now. One of the hardest things for me to compose is Jungle and Drum n'bass. Through a lot of practice, I was finally able to get the base drum and snare right, but after that everything seems to go downhill. I've attempted to make some drum n'bass with my soundblaster awe64 gold with cakewalk express gold. I wasn't sure which type of breakbeats to use so I just made my own 1 bar beats at 80 b.p.m. under cakewalk with some hip-hop soundfont drum kits, recorded them using the wave editor that came with the soundblaster awe64 gold, loaded the wave file back into cakewalk, set the temp back to 80 and chopped the wave file up into 8 eigth note segments, saved the wave files, and finally loaded them back into vienna soundfont studio and layered them out over all the white keys. Sorry for all the info, just wanted to give a full run-down of everything I did, becuase I might be doing something wrong. Well if anyone has any info that can help me please let me know. As soon as I figure out how to post files, I'll try to include my midi file with the proper soundfont bank. Leave me your e-mail address and I'll get it to you as soon as I can. Thanks again everybody! :-

Eternal Advancement

Message 106/115                 Date: 14-Feb-00  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Vishnu

found the site a couple of daze ago this is nize
ive been dig'n on 1.8.7. & all of the liquid sky music
labels for about a yr. now. its so nize to see a collective forming in soul slingers company
its also nize to see where dnb has gone
we are redefining the way people feel music
through the art of the junglist
my eyes are wide open ta tha bionik beatz of bliss
never have i heard anything as free
as dnb
[to a 16 yr old kid] creativity is a must# -thatz all-
here in stl and surrounded by people not w/ tha vibe
ive become anti social
maybe its the artist in me
maybe its the LAMERZ
anyways i have exp. w/ fruity loops
i currently use it also.
& i like it. but thatz what its for {loops}
_tha best come from working with limitations_
raga raga raga
i have a bottle of my piss on a cornershelf in my studio tha rastafarians recommend this as a method of bringin good energy to your tracks. -dont knock it till you try it- Vishnu

Message 107/115                 Date: 14-Feb-00  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Vishnu

bbbbbbbbbbbreak this mutha fucka

Message 108/115                 Date: 21-Feb-00  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

lyrebird

hey R-tek

a bit dissapointed about your comment about DNB being for the dance floor, to me dnb had/has the same ethic as jazz and punk, no limits, no rulz, the dancefloor limits the style, theats why it's become so repetitive and boring now particularly the beats. one of the things that attracted me to jungle/dnb whatever the fuk people want to call it was the fact that I could listen it off the dancefloor and get my mind blown over from this truly emotional, soleful electronic music, anyway I don't hear much that interests me now adays except on independent radion in australia, at the clubs the djs just play shit thats easy to shake your booty to, too easy

I wander want Frank Zappa would have done to DNB had he still been alive, and another thing 2 much ego = not enough info, I had to wade thru 2 much crap before I found something useful,

the sound I yet 2 here: old skool breaks with nu skool bass oh yeah baby bring it on.

Message 109/115                 Date: 01-Mar-00  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

daisuke

Link?: Link

jump to above url to an huge collection of famous drumloops. there're "amen", "funky drummer" and the like. whatch out for samples quality though... i would rick to use those directly since they are ACM compressed, but i think it's a good reference. peace

Message 110/115                 Date: 01-Mar-00  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

lyrebird - jungle comes from the dancefloor and thats its spiritual home, if u take the dance away then it wont exist. Simple as.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

There are 115 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum