0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Future Music mag

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 08-Aug-06  @  12:28 PM   -   Future Music mag

Moujik

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Bought/read this for the first time in about 5 years over the weekend - and all I can say is what a complete pile of toss.

I basically bought it on a whim as I was going to be stuck on a train for a few hours & it was the only thing in the newsagent I was vaguely interested in. Wrong choice! Not just the price (£6!!), but not exactly packed with features - a few reviews (funny how every piece of gear seems to be great these days), couple of interviews (the Aphex Twin one seemed to be a mash-up of old interviews and didn't have anything new to say).

I'm going to check out the DVD tonight, but not expecting much.

Anyway, bunch of arse mate

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 09-Aug-06  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Future Music mag

k

Link?:  Link

lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11                 Date: 16-Aug-06  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Future Music mag

Jock Munro

Future Music has been shite for years. Totally shite. Its crap. Sound On Sound is the mag for the serious muso. The Future Music CDs that they always give away are shite too, totally useless.

I wrote in years ago to complain about an article they did on Jean-Michel Jarre, which had so many errors and was factually incorrect. I mean, fer fucks sake, it dont take much to research someone these days with the internet at your disposal. Fucking useless twats. They published my letter, after editing it to shite and making me look like a right cunt. Bastards !

Message 4/11                 Date: 17-Aug-06  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: Future Music mag

k

Jock, you are funny man.... content aside, Sox buys FM, and i take a look at his copy now and again, I must say, the layout is good tho, but people say the content is aimed at the masses & is 'lo-fi' so to speak... which i spose is a business decision for the publisher..

I'd love their funding tho!!!... you'd see something then  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/11                 Date: 17-Aug-06  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: Future Music mag

steve

I didn't even know they were still going.

Jock Munro wrote:

Future Music has been shite for years. Totally shite. Its crap.

I concur.

Message 6/11                 Date: 18-Aug-06  @  03:05 PM     Edit: 18-Aug-06  |  03:06 PM   -   RE: Future Music mag

0/d

Its always trying to attract new readers... so the tutuorials are always the same and yeah its just crap too.

s

www.humanzi.com

Message 7/11                 Date: 19-Aug-06  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Future Music mag

sox

Sox buys FM, and i take a look at his copy now and again

I haven't bought a copy of FM or SOS in about 10 years!!!

I think you're confusing it with Computer Music and Music Tech mags (those are the only 2 I ever get...)

sox

PS. K...stay off the sauce before going online eh!

Message 8/11                 Date: 01-Sep-06  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Future Music mag

Drop

Link?:  No link

I think in the last 8 months the future music magazine DVD's have been fantastic. Forget the actual magazine as I agree that its shit but the DVD's are brilliant. They show you studio interviews with all the top electronic artists and most months the featured artists show you how they build a tune from scratch in their studios. Can't ask for more than that. Recent highlights for me have included:-

Lokey (an hour and 15 mins interview where he builds a whole track of his recent album starting from him sourcing the original funk loop right through to him mixing the track).

Starecase/General Midi (and hour and 5 mins showing us how they built the first track off their album).

I can't stand computer music magazine. Every bloody month all the tutorials tell you is to use a lo cut plug-in on everything and then stick it through PSP's vintage warmer - yawn.

Message 9/11                 Date: 02-Sep-06  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: Future Music mag

k

Every bloody month all the tutorials tell you is to use a lo cut plug-in on everything and then stick it through PSP's vintage warmer - yawn.

Well this is it right, magazine media is almost dead in terms of it's practicality, i have written for one mag in the past and all it is is a constant battle to try and make it fit into the measly text allocation, not enuff space for a proper review or article

Message 10/11                 Date: 20-Sep-06  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Future Music mag

Jock Munro

well I am an old fossil, I dont do plug ins, unless they are of the old classic analogue synths, and even then I never use them in my music. I dont like the way the whole technology thing is going, I'm feeling left out, behind the times and at a loss. My PC doesnt work with just midi, let alone VSTi's, but at the end of the day I got a load of synths with flashing LEDs that look good when you turn the lights out, and thats what counts. No seriously, it does. I've had sex with a lot of women purely because of the amount of hardware I have. Fuck the music, my nobs red raw with female LED bitches*

* not true.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum