0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: heh heh - we won!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  11:27 AM   -   heh heh - we won!

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Cairo film festival - First prize! - gwaaaan! (this film we've been working on over the last 2 years) it's been a rocky road beleive me

http://www.cairofilmfest.com

sadly the link on their site is knackered - but it should lead here:

yemen times

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

nice work, what did you do on the film? (ex media student very interested)

greg

Message 3/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

sitar

Link?: Link

Wow! Grats k!

Message 4/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

k

We did the film music/score - my co-partner in film-music crime produced this one (first attempt at producing)

actualy we also did the music & soundfx for a 'short' (psychological/thriller) which won judges choice (some sort of 'sub prize') at Sundance festival 2 years ago... apparently Roger Corman (the 'celeb' judge that year) demanded HIS choice should win 'best film' so he made a deal with the other judges so they could make the short best 'judges choice' or whatever nomination if THEY gave HIS choice the 'best film'... bastard!

the director of that one is over here now and we start on music for his next one after christmas.

it's been a VERY rocky road this Yemen film... for starters when the crew arrived it was just a few days later before filming started that Saddam was captured and some Iraqi nutter went beserk in public with a knife, attacking 'foreigners' at random, including the lead actor who then had to be airlifted back to europe to hospital with stab wounds and a new lead had to be secured within a few days!

then the Mulla's invaded the set and demanded 'script-approval'... *sigh* which took a week or so... apparently it was like:

"So!.. wait!... he goes from the Mosque directly to his Gf's house!.. no no!... he wouldn't be thinking of sex or relationships after coming from the Mosque!"

"er.. ok... so lets say he FIRST goes to the bakers and buys something to eat!... THEN goes to his GF's house!"

"ok, that is acceptable... now ...scene 24..."

Then every other day somone would arrive on set asking for money in a roundabout way or they "had a brother/cousin/relative in government who could make problems for the film"

etc etc

it is a great story tho!... real channel-4 stuff for guardian readers! - lol - gorgeous locations & light too, really good stuff!... and of course the music is superb   lol - nice little final scene too, a surprise.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

that's the dvd cover i knocked up for the festival (Cannes & Cairo etc) we did the initial Cannes edit DVD trailer on my old amd2000xp using Sony VEGAS from VHS rushes!! lol

Message 6/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

mcc>

damn k!!!!! super congratulations to you and your film-associates!!!!!!
first it's your connection to her majesty kate bush and NOW THIS!!!!
i'm beyond jealous.
and that is a very classy dvd-cover/poster i must say.

you think you might get the designer to find something to replace all these butt-ugly no track image/no-one home icons finally?
(should take you about 4 seconds.)
seriously. .......that's some odd shit to be seeing all over the top of our home page....every day.
you know a tiny little logo or something suggesting someone's not out making ten films this week.

i hope i'm in the correct line for autographs!

Message 7/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

k

cheers, but

seriously. .......that's some odd shit to be seeing all over the top of our home page....every day.
you know a tiny little logo or something suggesting someone's not out making ten films this week

eh?... what do you mean, i dont get it (?)

Message 8/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

mcc>

a suggestion i'd made a couple years back.

these blocks where track-images occur....some people actually have images in them but it's hard to find images at 36k or less (can't bump it to 100k?) and some people just don't care....but what we find are these significant sqaures...black holes across the top which announce NO TRACK IMAGE....or NO ARTIST/USER IMAGE.
we wanna be pretty. we wanna be slick. i know "we're a tool and a service and not just a knock-shop with music-attached" but any user-interface of appeal is to all of our mutual benefit.

my suggestion was that you simply input a small image device...a 7161 logo.... the cosmos...a color-field...treble-clef....betty-boops ass...homer simpson...something.

btw....i'm appreciating the new server...how it seems you rarely get slowness or blockage these days.
and the fact that i can log-on during those hours between 9 and 10 on the west-coast.
so yes...much progress (not to mention again podcast capability)!!!!

any chance we can buy space to leave quicktime videos? i have 2 i'd like to share.

Message 9/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

mcc>

can someone tell me how to find and input an avatar?

and if someone isn't too busy and has a few extra-thousand quid.....you might consider buying this website!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7574390080 oldskool-rave site

Message 10/26                 Date: 21-Dec-05  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: heh heh - we won!

k

yeah the upgrade switch-on was sposed to happen last week, but I had an essay to write for college which i'd forgotten about  

it'll be after christmas - it's all ready to go & just needs finaly test from worldpay (they already gave it the go, but they have to check a few tiny details like card-display images, refunds policy page etc.

by great luck they do NOT charge for refunds btw!

i DO have to code the video upload thing tho, but for meantime we'll manualy add video to the media server for you

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum