0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Piracy calculator

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  01:48 PM   -   Piracy calculator

cheddar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Fear RIAA

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

That's ok. They'd only try to sue me for $94. Id then be obliged to sue them back for wasting evryones time  

Message 3/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

beds

riaa can only sue americans.

they'll stop in a while though, internet sales are going through the roof.

Message 4/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

k

Link?:  Link

cool, good way to make the point

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

The Moujik

"And if you did have the money, would you have bought all that stuff legitimately? Even if it was a simple download? I doubt it."

Dunno about everyone else, but I still find this a pretty stupid argument.

Message 6/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

k

Link?:  Link

why?... he's counter claiming the industry stance that without downloading people would have bought those goods as retail and therefore it is lost revenue.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  06:38 PM     Edit: 14-Sep-05  |  06:40 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

why?... he's counter claiming the industry stance that without downloading people would have bought those goods as retail and therefore it is lost revenue.

so what right have they got to take for free then?

would you go into a shop and lift a pair of jeans and tshirt cos u liked the look of them but couldnt afford them?

they'll stop in a while though, internet sales are going through the roof.

who are you trying to kid? outside itunes shitey top 40 its fucking shocking - i know the figures of beatport , audiojelly etc first hand through having 'best sellers' on there charts etc - its absolutely ridiculous

the sooner dickheads with massive servers deliberately fighting the poor mans cause for free music get caught the better - they think there some sort of internet robin hoods - fuck that these indie labels are hardly corporate greedy giants

Message 8/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

milan

"i know the figures of beatport , audiojelly etc "

heheh... i've seen your tunes on Beatport (yeah, thats where i shop for trance, where no one can see me innit ;)

lol

but seriously, would you care to say more? i kind of like beatport. it looks like a BIG fuckin website what with all the tunes on there. i'd be dissapointed to learn they arent making any money out of it.

Message 9/15                 Date: 14-Sep-05  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

beds

stealing jeans != copying music tracks.

no matter how anyone tries to paint it copyright violation is not the same as theft. whether they are the same on a moral level is open to debate though.

Message 10/15                 Date: 15-Sep-05  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: Piracy calculator

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

there is a big difference between music and commodities- for example when im buying albums i can pick up a product ive never heard but have been recommended; if that product doesn't have huge airplay support in that if its anything oyther than pop i think its unfair to not be able to hear the music before you buy it- sure some shops offer you headphones but the whole attitude needs changing or the shops need to start accepting cd's back cos 'they were crap' and not only when their is a fault with it.

greg

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum