0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 06-Oct-04  @  06:04 PM   -   OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Place a bucket or absorbant material under your chin prior to looking at this

oh god... seriously for pro studio use/price only tho..... 12,000 bucks.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 06-Oct-04  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

k

interestingly, both the Mackie & the new Tascam were designed in collaboration with Sanewave

see link

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/21                 Date: 06-Oct-04  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

Influx

just dont see the point in having an outboard mixer anymore..especially digital!

Message 4/21                 Date: 06-Oct-04  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

craig

I'd still be lost without mine. It's the front door in and out of the audio realm for my studio.

Message 5/21                 Date: 07-Oct-04  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

Dominic

Link?:  No link

You reckon Influx?!? Any studio hardware that contributes to a "non digital" sound is paramount in my opinion.

Message 6/21                 Date: 07-Oct-04  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

k

Link?:  Link

dude, that mackie runs VST fx, and can process sound onboard in the digital domain - currently only uses WAVES and UAD card, but no doubt the list will grow.

it's not just a controller for your DAW

Message 7/21                 Date: 07-Oct-04  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

Influx

my statement was very very very off the cuff, and I really dont mean that...

I just...at this point...an incredibly expensive digital mixer seems kinda funny. the specs look sick, but..its digital! Wouldnt one be able to achieve the same sound in a native system?

dont get me wrong..if I had the space and cash Id have a high quality "soundy" analog console with plenty of options for compression and the like...

Message 8/21                 Date: 07-Oct-04  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

Influx

heh...reading it...yeah...looks fckin badass

but in response to dominic...how is a digital mixer gonna sound anything but "digital?"

damn...you can plug a UAD-1 into the thing! phew

Message 9/21                 Date: 07-Oct-04  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

k

agreed, it's no different to going in to a DAW, in this case the mixer itself acts as the interface being able to utilise adat cards, line/mic & seperate Line or mic input cards for up to 96 inputs I think it is, all controllable on the board, all pre-amps etc etc... just bolt it onto whatever is your current pc/mac.

ok, 10 K in the Uk, and 10$ k in the USA - it's alot, but when you consider similarly top-end hardware systems, the mackie can interface totaly with any pro sequencer I'd expect.

it's compact, touch sensitive, a hub, and if you make audio for a living and do reasonably well, it's an easy business expense, all the european ones are pre-sold already so the Mackie guy told me. They are going to bring one over for a days demo which I can video apparently, athough no doubt it'll be a while before it happens - I'd have one for sure and of course you can utilise hardware outboard with it

Message 10/21                 Date: 07-Oct-04  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: OH F***!!!! - i WANT ONE!!!

k

plus it'd look SO kickass man when your clients visited it'd prolly pay for itself in a pro situation in a year

Hey dont get me wrong tho, my dream studio would ALSO have a full 24 tracks analog setup!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum