0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/30                 Date: 15-Sep-04  @  08:38 PM   -   subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey all. Im in the middle of another fucking MOVE...seems like I should be paid as an expert for this shit

anyway...Ive got a Tannoy PS110b subwoofer, and...Im considering selling it. I could use the $250 or so I could get for it, and...the last place I lived I had a room setup for my studio, with the sub in there, and, to be honest...the mixes I did there ended up coming out bass light!

Ive read that a subwoofer can actually cause more problems than it alleviates...if the room isnt correct?

what i liked though was the high pass feature...go through it to my KRK V6s and suddenly they sound more open, and are able to go a bit louder due to not having to handle low frequencies...

so...sell it or keep it?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/30                 Date: 16-Sep-04  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

k

Link?:  Link

dump it.... how can you even ask that question ... mixing with a subwoofer indeed.... tsk

oh, and... SPEAKER FORUM!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/30                 Date: 16-Sep-04  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

heh. would you code one then? speaker forum?

you serious about the sub part? "how could you..."?

Ya lost me there. Lots of people use subwoofers...?

Message 4/30                 Date: 16-Sep-04  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

SignalRunners - Andrew

id never mix with a subwoofer. if i went to a studio with one, id disconnect it. then piss in the little air hole

Message 5/30                 Date: 16-Sep-04  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

k

agreed - god for mice to live in.... that's about it frankly

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/30                 Date: 16-Sep-04  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

you guys want to maybe explain your position? buncha bastids

Message 7/30                 Date: 16-Sep-04  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

milan

sell it and get bagpipes instead

Message 8/30                 Date: 17-Sep-04  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

SignalRunners - Andrew

my mixes always sound way too light on the bass when i use one because you can feel the floor shaking etc---i dont want to "feel" the bass when im trying to correct whats wrong with it, i want to hear it clearly through monitors and not by some cubed cunt on the floor

Message 9/30                 Date: 17-Sep-04  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

Influx

heh. Im getting advice from a 16 year old. fckin hilarious.

yeah...mixes seemed bass light.

monitors worked better tho...more efficiently...with the high-pass

honestly curious about the new behringers. bigger....can handle a little bass on their own?

wish I could just afford some damn mackies

Message 10/30                 Date: 17-Sep-04  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: subwoofer: more problems than good?

beds

hold on. didn't you used to have some? and then you sold them coz they had too much bass?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum