0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 05-May-04  @  10:26 PM   -   Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

BluStudio

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Looking for some info on desks ^^^^

Ive had little shits in the past (samson 1502, Mackie1202 etc) but went with a rush of blood a few years back and have been routing directly into soundcard, mixing internally and digitally bouncing (001, now 002r and PT)

Ive had a craving for something like in the title for a while, and as the kit has grown again ive gradually run out of inputs from using the 8 ins of the 002 to hooking back up the mackie 1202 to get more in alongside.

I really just want to take the plunge into a sexy big ol analogue desk and get some nice sound/eq

Not fussed about automation and all the digital revolution stuff, simplicity has always been my best friend - Ive seen some Mackie 32/8's with M/b's for sale for about 800-1200 squids, also Soundcrafts and soundtracs for a bit cheaper etc...

Whats the best in its class at this level? whos used/got/owned etc?

Any help?

Blu

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

Broken Silence

get a yamaha mg innit

Message 3/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

Joe Sparks

Link?:  No link

I love my Mackie 32:8:8. I can use it as a giant distortion box. Its warm..........

Message 4/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

k

tough one - mackies have this reputation, quiet, clear etc... but honestly I find their pots very flimsy and small... But then I also find the same thing on say the Ghost desk, a bit plasticky i think some of them... but then the advantage is, a smaller mixer 'footprint' on newer mixers with smaller stacked pots etc, but.... while they might be a bit noisier on paper I just love old 80's boards from Soundcraft, Studiomaster, Tac & Soundtraks etc

Message 5/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  12:56 PM     Edit: 06-May-04  |  12:58 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

BluStudio

k,

what you think of the 2 for sale at studiosystems~

http://www.studiosys.demon.co.uk/other_mixers.htm

theres a solo 24/8/16 for 850 and a Midi24 for 650. These worth a closer look? The midi24 looks perfect for me i think......

blu

Message 6/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

GrooveMonkey

Ahhh.. STudiomaster.. used to have the mixdown gold.. really nice warm sound and built like a fuckin brick shit house, breaking it was just not possible..

Got rid of it tho coz it was getting a bit cranky in its old age.. Now I've got..

don't larf...

Behringer Eurodesk MX8000A.. Really nice sounds, meter bridge, good EQ, very flexible and it hasn't gone wrong once.

the only downside is the PSU is a bit on the noisy side

G

Message 7/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

k

the solo.... mmm... nice - i dunno if the midi one offers you anything useful except the meter bridge is nice to look at

but look further down - a Studiomaster Mixdown Gold 24 for 250 quids... loverly 4 band eq - if that's got a full service and he can guarantee the pans all are 100% and no pot crackling then that's a bloody bargain - 24 channels of loverly eq with tape-out, individualy switchable phantom per-channel, inserts, plus eq-cut on all channels -- then you've 16 more sub-channels for whatever useage.

is it 500 less in value than the Soundtracs ? - hmmm.. tough one - the soundtrac might be a tad quieter when all channels are in use i suppose.

Message 8/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

Influx

soundcraft 200b 24ch

Message 9/14                 Date: 06-May-04  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

milan

get the Amek!

Message 10/14                 Date: 07-May-04  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Warm, classy and under a grand s/h?

k

yeah the AMEK looks lush....

200B... good call !!... great mixers!

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum