0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Peter Gabriel

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  10:24 AM   -   Peter Gabriel

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Went to see Peter Gabriel last night at Wembley Arena. Hats off to the geezer. Not a bad show at all. Shame the actual venue is a pile of shite.

I wish more artists would move out of these sort of venues, with crappy fold down seats, narrow aisles. No room to get up and dance, having to go out of the area to get a beer, not being able to surge the front of the stage. Not being able to smoke.

AND. I had to fucking leave before the end so I could get my last train out of london. How fucking sad is that. 11:30pm is the last train out of London down to Kent. What a fucking pile of shite. Its laughable. A major capital city and the fucking trains stop at 11:30pm, and even then I had to fucking get a taxi coz it didnt go all the way to my station.

No wonder people drink drive.

Anyway, Pete was good.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

Garuna

Didn't even know there was a Wembley Arena. Didn't they tear it down? Or is the arena different?

Good to hear Pete's still at it.

Message 3/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

dubmunkey

Link?:  No link

the arena is different- an indoor affair...saw the pumpkins there they were excellent but have to agree the venue is crap and the transport is a nightmare- we literally had to hijack a black cab to get back over the bridge...

Greg

Message 4/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

dan-s

Speaking of Pete... Swedish webzine The Cricket has a competition. If you guess which beard
belongs to mr Gabriel you can win all of his solo albums...

Message 5/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

man called clay

he's like a daddy to me. my favorite songs in life....amongst them are...supper's ready...the musical box
and well...tons.
met him once in a huge empty conference room containing only a trash can and a seat on which he sat his body and bald head.
one of the first guys to use a beat box
in pop music.
we owe more to him than we realize.

Message 6/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

man called clay

the order for dancing and rejoicing has come from our warlord.

peter gabriel

Message 7/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

pict

I like a lot of his music but I think he's a bit pretentious.

Message 8/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

errata

well of course he's pretentious. look at his life, and carreer!

I've loved PG since I was a kid. and yes, go back to the early eighties and he's using 808's and juno's and things. What's funny is, back then... we thought he had a band! hehehe

e

Message 9/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

pOOF dADDY

J Lo has much more talent.

Message 10/28                 Date: 22-May-03  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Peter Gabriel

psylichon

"Selling England by the Pound"... man, I wish Genesis kept that sound. And it was PG who took them there. His voice, to me, is the ideal male voice. He may not have much range, but the harmonics in his tone are simply amazing. The man needs no effects to sound large as life.

"Security" is another favorite of mine. I don't care if David Copperfield tries to ruin his music with theatrics, I think all his tunes are pretty amazing.

psy

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum