0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Redundancies

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  05:22 PM   -   Redundancies

BJT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Okay I am ranting here. Redundancies, Downsizing, "The company is in turmoil shifting markets, you know the drill. We can't reduce your salaries, because that would mean that we'd have to reduce our own salaries as well as all our old fart cronie mates (some of which earn 350K), but what we can do is line you all up and randomly sack people, not all at once, but slowly, so we can get blood out of stone whilst you all live in fear and depression".

I f*cking hate this, I've recieved a redundancy before, and frankly people it sucked it really does, only because it took forever to find another job (because of the market, you know).

But now some one (my ex-) is being hinted by her employees that she's going, she walks to work everyday in fear, F*CK F*CK F*CK EM!!!

I now do appreciate the role of unions.

Okay rant over.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

ah tell me about it. I work for an american investment bank. For the past 2 years they've been cutting back. Made over 10,000 people redundant globally. They changed their redundancy payouts to the minimum as well, 1 week for every year. Lovely. Whilst the board still receive their 6 figure bonus's.

Every bank has been shedding IT staff. So when it comes to employing they know the market is flooded with people desperate for work, so the contract and permanent wages have gone right down. Fucking bastards.

Loads of people where I work have had enough and are looking to escape into something completely different, fed up with the corporate bollocks. And I dont blame them. I wish I could do, if only I hadnt pissed all my money up the wall.

Message 3/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

influx

time to start fighting back

Message 4/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

Jock Munro

I shat in my bosses draw. Does that count ?

Message 5/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

n3

Write a virus, make some work for you and 10,000 of your closest IT friends.

Message 6/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

Defector z

Yeah - that pisses me off too. I'm usually the lone voice around here saying that businesses aren't ALL bad, but when you see thousands getting laid off, and see the CEO's and board members walking off with 7 figure SALARIES, not to mention stock options, it really chaps my ass.

However, if you would care to pick up one of the most recent issues of Business Week, you'll see that many big bosses are NOT talking salaries like they used to. There seems to be a trend towards deflation in upper management salaries. For example, in 2001 (I think), there were 7 people of US companies who brought home over 100 million dollars (US) annually. Last year, there were only 2 people. Many CEO's have actually given part of their salary back.

Did you see the recent one about American Airlines? They were negotiating salary decreases for the flight attendants, and the fa's agreed to significant cuts, and then within a week, the CEO decided now is a good time to show the perks that the board members were getting. So now AA is in the shitter, and it couldn't happen to a better industry!!

Anyhow - what comes around goes around.

Message 7/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

steve

"I shat in my bosses draw. Does that count ?"

seriously, somebody actually did that at the place I used to work when they were given the heave-ho. They did on the bosses seat though  

it's the same old story anyway - the people at the top make the decisions which get the company into shit, but it's the little man that ends up paying for it.

Message 8/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

frostbyte

the key word here folks is S M E A R

actually, the procedure is aptly named a "poop smear".

a simple dump won't do, it'll be easily scooped and cleaned.

the smell of S M E A R

you can draw, be creative  

a classic: close your fists, dip the little finger edge side, apply each in alternance to create foot prints. finish off with thumb and index for toe prints. guarateed to put a smile on the faces of those left behind in the sweat shop.

Message 9/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

R.A.T.

Sucks man but topical.

Having a meeting with my team and the big boss today... hows this for a motivating statement.

"if we don't get this project started and bring int he business there will be less of us sitting around discussing it next quarter"

Our company had 110,000 staff and have dropped to 35,000. Every quarter they announced another 10-20,000 redundancies and we had to wait 3 months to see who was going. Pretty much lost all of my mates....

I'm bloody working now (OK I should be) cos I need to get everything finished and go to the Bahamas on Tuesday for some sun, sand and free booze and no thoughts of the old 9-5.

On the shitting on the desk lark, a few companies ago I had the biggest cunt of a boss ever. I simply used to spit in his tea at every oppertunity. Somthimes it was a quick flob, others a well coughed up greeny....it was well satisfying.

Message 10/27                 Date: 02-May-03  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: Redundancies

influx

Link?:  Link

still the rich screwing anyone and everyone to get where theyve gotten and want to keep getting.

AA? shiiiit.

assholes. all of em

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum