0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: My Weed Problem

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  03:32 PM   -   My Weed Problem

Addicted

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've a problem. I'm addicted to weed. I think I need weed to make tracks but when I smoke it I end up, after 20 mins, turning off the studio and turning on the TV.

While I watch the TV, I say to myself "I gotta give up the weed". I say "I don't need weed to make tracks. I'm gonna give up and have my last puff this Sunday".

I go to work and get excited about the fact I'm gonna give up weed 'this sunday'. I go into the studio during the week and smoke 'my last quarter' and just mess about on the computer 'getting things ready' for my new life being weed free and actually making some bloody music.

So, it gets to Sunday and I have my 'last big puff' and go through all 'the routines of my last day puffing'. It gets to Sunday night and I pack my 'last' joint with a ten draw cos its my last puff, I'm going to really make an effort 'this time'. I smoke my last joint and go into my studio and stick on Massive Attack "protection", cos that's the right music to listen to whilst having my 'last smoke'. I go to bed and feel excited.

I get up on Monday morning and feel fine. I finish work and rush home to get into the studio all sober. I switch on the PC, load up some drums and say "jesus man, I could really fancy a puff" and "I can't be creative without some weed".

About 7'oclock Monday night, I ring my dealer and get in the car, park on his dodgy estate and buy some weed. I rush home, skin up, last about 20 mins and then turn on the TV.

And so the cycle continues.

D'you think I should just give up music making, resign myself to the fact that this is all just some dream and I ain't never gonna make shit..?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

Filthy McNasty

hahahahaha. Classic.

Message 3/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

Filthy McNasty

Sorry mate, didn't mean to laugh. Its more I know exactly where you are coming from. I gave up green 18 months ago and it was the best move I ever made. I made more progress in a week when I was sober then in 6 months whilst stoned.

It will take you a couple of weeks to get used to being in the studio but you should do it. Take up some exercise aswell. On a saturday, I go for a swim for an hour or so before I hop onto my computer. Doing exercise gives you energy cos the bloods actually moving around your body. I can do 14 hour sessions straight through.

Do it bud. (no pun intended).

Message 4/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

Steve Roughley

I know that one! I managed to give up weed about two and a half years ago now and haven;t looked back. I'm not even tempted at parties anymore. The energy and enthusiasm for doing stuff like work and music that floods back about a month after quitting is almost enough to cause a seisure.

All I do now is get drunk, maybe some sniff and it actually helps my creativity and doesn't sap my energy one iota. I figure it must be the sugar in the beer or something, but I can stay up till 3/4 in the morning just drinking and writing tunes and it is soooo productive.

Do keep giving up on the weed. If you believe that you can give up enough then you can fool your unconscious into truly believing it and it gets easier.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

Zazza

Yah.. go for it.. no big deal to give up..

Message 6/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

"Sniff" steve? As in scratch and sniff? Itchy nuts stylee???

;)

Message 7/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

Mindspawn

If it's causin' a problem, forget it. Personally, I have no issues with it. I smoke a lot of pot. Keeps me from killing people. As for the old cliche that it makes you unmotivated... maybe true for some, as I've seen it happen, but not at all for me. I been "rollin' bones" for a quarter century, and I haven't ever been accused of being "unmotivated." You should see me when I've laid off for awhile, which I do every so often, I'm much more "fuck you, get out of my face" and I have a great deal of trouble staying focused for more than a couple hours...

All that said, if I ever really felt A) I couldn't live without weed... or B) it started having a negative effect on my tunage... I'd drop it... period. Also, while I'll smoke up to do new sounds, riff, arrangements, etc., I'm always straight when I master, and usually when I do mixdowns. It's just too easy for me to miss technical details when I'm stoked with good herb...

Pizza

G

Message 8/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

§ï†ÅR

yea you can give it up man. giving up music will only justify prolonging the smoke that's hampering you in the first place. That would be like throwing out the baby and keeping the bathwater.

Message 9/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  05:02 PM     Edit: 28-Mar-03  |  05:03 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

Steve Roughley

??? Marc, I've spent five minutes trying to figure that one out and now my head hurts   I was refering to Charlie. Is that what you mean? If, so where's the connection between Charlie and Itchy Nuts?  

Steve.

Message 10/32                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: My Weed Problem

bradelectro

Link?:  Link

Addicted why not just slow down a bit- maybe
the cold turkey route ain't for
you! Howabout every other day or something
at first? then you can compare
how it is working stoned and unstoned in the
studio as well.

personally I don't get high hardly at all
anymore, on weed that is. The only
time i like to use it in relation w/ making music
is *after* i've done my
work for the nite...I find that sometimes it's
good to critique a track
whilst stoned, and take notes even...but not
when i'm actually working cos
nothin gets done...

i agree w/ mindspawn tho, it affects each of us
real different- positive and
negative. persoanlly, it's so easy for me to turn
down a spliff- i do it all
the time...but very hard for me to refuse a drink
;-)

good luck

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum