0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: want to program?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/45                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  05:32 PM   -   want to program?

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

trying to learn c++ with no money was a total pain in the ass.. after all this time i finally found a language that's free, has decent power (can create exportable .exes.. want one??) and is well documented (after giving up several years ago back when the old people saying 'qbasic is in dos' still thought it was.)

i don't believe it codes .dlls (for vsti) directly but it handles a lot of other things, ie. com ports. i wouldn't expect the performance of c++ but if you've ever wanted to build your own midi sequencer, audio arranger and are as abhorrent of finance as i, here you go.

already written my own 'wordpad' app after about 5 hours! successfully opened, created, edited files!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/45                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: want to program?

BJT

Link?:  No link

Basic...yech

Message 3/45                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: want to program?

Zazza

i love basic..

Message 4/45                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: want to program?

Paullyboy8440

Haven't done anything in basic for so long - I don't even know if I even still have it. I learned basics of C++ though. then after learning that I decided that programming was not my thing.  

Message 5/45                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: want to program?

Zazza

C++ is very cool, but evil...

Message 6/45                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: want to program?

milan

baaaaaaaasic! havent seen that since i did a programming course in the 80's as a kid... glad to see its still alive at least!

Message 7/45                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: want to program?

cheddar

Link?:  Link

i say its interesting the relationships between languages and time, what can go in now

Message 8/45                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  12:56 AM   -   RE: want to program?

xoxos

rapid q. best running interactive web media i've ever used. the centipede's rather gilliamesque.

Message 9/45                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: want to program?

psylichon

long live pascal :P

Message 10/45                 Date: 28-Mar-03  @  08:02 AM     Edit: 28-Mar-03  |  09:57 AM   -   RE: want to program?

Zazza

Brainfuck programming language

The Brainfuck programming language consists of eight commands, each of which is represented as a single character.

> Increment the pointer.

< Decrement the pointer.

+ Increment the byte at the pointer.

- Decrement the byte at the pointer.

. Output the byte at the pointer.

, Input a byte and store it in the byte at the
pointer.

[ Jump past the matching ] if the byte at the pointer is zero.

] Jump to the matching [.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum