0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: responsibility

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/42                 Date: 23-Feb-03  @  06:30 PM   -   responsibility

cheddar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

So the largest global rallies in our history are doing nothing to affect events, what's left, and would it be called terrorism?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/42                 Date: 23-Feb-03  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: responsibility

cheddar

So our countries act against our will yet nations are to blame

Message 3/42                 Date: 23-Feb-03  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: responsibility

psylichon

Link?: Link

so what time does this revolution start, cheddar? do you have any literature I could browse?

Message 4/42                 Date: 23-Feb-03  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: responsibility

cheddar

cigar to that man

'waiver' I do not propose violence ever, it tips the balance toward mobs and my clothes always clash in crowds

logic loops but invention circumvents. Any more ideas?

Message 5/42                 Date: 23-Feb-03  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: responsibility

man called clay

Link?:  No link

we have to understand saddam is a violent man and that those who elevated him to his position....ie the bush family....are equally known as such.
unfortunately it is those small guys in the middle...the bottom the pawns...the footsoldiers and children which get crunched with real blood.
best we remain as calm in our opposition as possible....and if the waves sweep us ALL towards the brink....of insanity....let us hope there is a god which is wise and kind and a universal order which might come and provide a better way.
if we are instruments of that...then so be it.

Message 6/42                 Date: 24-Feb-03  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: responsibility

influx

argh. you just had to, eh?

what the hell do they think is going to happen if they just keep on keepin on, utterly ignoring the CLEARLY delineated wishes of the majority?

today...downtown Brea, Ca...SUBURBIA epitomized:

On one corner...the "leftists" or "commies" with their signs and placards. NO WAR, NO OLIGARCHY! NO MURDER!

across the street?

"Support our troops"

OUR TROOPS?!?!?!?! THEYRE NOTHING BUT (mindless?) PAWNS who have been trained to obey every last command

BUT they are also the defenders of our nation. OF COURSE we support them in just situations. THIS is not JUST.

so these chumps are out there with their "rebuttal" which is NOT a rebuttal. I'd be willing to bet that if you asked most leftists who they would want defending them in a time of need, they would emphatically answer "The US Armed Forces" because fact of the matter is we are the best, strongest, and safest. BUT DAMMIT ITS NOT A QUESTION OF SUPPORTING TROOPS!

This is so clearly deceitful and underhanded..the whole thing...I am so utterly disgusted it makes me shake 

Message 7/42                 Date: 24-Feb-03  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: responsibility

man called clay

influx...then shake buddy.
my father died at war for such decrepid reasoning.
it's always THE LIE.
left or unleft has little to do with it...really..anymore.
it's just sheer greed backed by power...and like the guy says in the john sayles movie...hey joe...it's life....watcha gon do?
i am....my children are...we all are> simply waiting in the wings to be the next victims of the scourge which is the huns which govern.
have faith though....
hang strong....stay calm....and seriously...be around when it's needed.

a little shaking is always a good reminder though.....
just what fear is.

Message 8/42                 Date: 24-Feb-03  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: responsibility

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I'd laugh if it wasn't so incredibly not not not not funny.

Message 9/42                 Date: 24-Feb-03  @  07:36 PM     Edit: 24-Feb-03  |  07:39 PM   -   RE: responsibility

Steve Roughley

I find it very amusing Psy   I have a name for the reason that things like this are funny. It's the 'Irony of Absurdity'. It is just sooooo damned not funny that it is in fact just absurd and so it ends up coming full circle and becomes the funniest thing ever.  

I seem to have had this attitude all of my life. Though, it may not be the best attitude ever, as it has caused me to end up doing things that I really shouldn't. In fact, it has ended up getting me beaten up on many occasions and at best it makes me a regular asshole  

Steve.

Message 10/42                 Date: 24-Feb-03  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: responsibility

errata

"i am....my children are...we all are> simply waiting in the wings to be the next victims of the scourge which is the huns which govern."

This may well be the attitude which is being addressed in the original post! The Masses have no teeth!!! We peacefully organize and gather publicly (when they give us permission) and say what we have to say to one another! Preaching to the choir FEELS good, it satisfies our indignation but it accomplishes nothing but the further enlargement of the choir's EGO!

"Yeah! Right on! Hallalujah, brotha! Speak the word!"

Meanwhile the bastards keep kicking the crap out of the pricks and we pay/shed blood/loose family for it! The loss of all of these lives is an awful proposition, but even greater damage is done by setting the precedent of greed and violence as THE mode of operation. And I like to think that's what the protests are about.

Unfortunately Bullies rarely listen to the reasoned appeals of gentle people... and that IS why there are terrorists... not that I support such "reactionary" behaviour!

e

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum