0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Anyone else...?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 16-Feb-03  @  07:24 PM   -   Anyone else...?

Def Z

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Following the America's Cup? Can Team New Zealand overcome the 0-2 deficit to Alinghi? And if Alinghi wins this year, where will the finals be held next time, Lake Geneva?

Okay - so I KNOW I'm the only one interested in sailing - but I had to ask because I know a couple of Australians and NZ'ers troll here...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 18-Feb-03  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

Def Z

okay - due to the AMAZING outpouring of interest in this topic, I will update you all with last nights results.

Alinghi wins after outsmarting the Kiwi's at the start to get the right side (favored) of the course. Then, after gaining for the next 4 legs, Team NZ forced the Kiwi's to take 2 extra tacks on the last upwind leg and held them off on the final downwind leg for a 3-0 lead. GO SWISS!!!

Message 3/19                 Date: 18-Feb-03  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

k

reality check? - yeah... sailing... a real 'participation' sport... who gives a shite about a bunch of rich twats on the high seas pretending that what they are doing is somehow a 'sport' ? - what next?... olympic showjumping?  

Message 4/19                 Date: 18-Feb-03  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

Filthy McNasty

Yea you posh boy!!! No snobs here!

Message 5/19                 Date: 18-Feb-03  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

milan

Link?: Link

heh... i get invitations to go and watch volvo sailing cup from my dad's car dealer   now where did i put my suit and tie...

Message 6/19                 Date: 18-Feb-03  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

psylichon

i'd rather watch paint dry. hell, i'd watch it start to crack first...

Message 7/19                 Date: 19-Feb-03  @  12:34 AM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

Def Z

What a horrible display if ignorant stereotyping!!!!!! Come one guys, you're better than THAT!!!!

Message 8/19                 Date: 19-Feb-03  @  01:32 AM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

psylichon

lol, who's stereotyping. we just don't like your "sport"!

Message 9/19                 Date: 19-Feb-03  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

Def Z

Well, let me tell you... ;-)

I won't get into defining sailing as a sport, but I will say this;

Tacking a boat in 20 knot winds is NOT easy. Doing 6 or 7 of them in 20 minutes, is HARD WORK. Hoisting a 50 pound sail up a 60' mast AS-FAST-AS-YOU-FUCKING-CAN is hard work. It's not always the most PHYSICALLY demanding...thing...but the strategery is intense. The start of sailing race is one of the most exciting things in all of sports. Especially when you have 12 30-40' boats fighting for the same place on the starting line. But, it is an acquired taste - it's only exciting when you know what's going on.

I have played many team sports, but NOWHERE is teamwork more important than in sailing.

So who's going to their local yacht club now to get on a boat and see what I'm talking about. All you need is a 12pack of beer and you're on board. No experience/money necessary.

Message 10/19                 Date: 19-Feb-03  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: Anyone else...?

krisgot

k... showjumping has been an olympic sport for decades, my family will watch that stuff for hours on TV... but anyway some people start yelling screaming over golf.... or curling... hey power to them.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum