0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  04:56 PM   -   yeah yeah ok... don't start...

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

BUT... it's for OUR shop, not a banner for another site or advertisier - only 20kb

is all ok with that? - we're starting to get sales and if we keep it up I've been told we'll get our money so we can make the site even better!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

Maarten

Link?: Link

Well, it's damn distracting... so it works I guess  

Message 3/19                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  05:15 PM     Edit: 20-Jan-03  |  05:15 PM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

milan

yo k, the banner is cool and all, but may i suggest you find a better place for it. the thing is, everytime i load a new forum the banner reloads and its always in a different place, depentding on how much text/links/graphics there are at the top of the page. you must know what i mean?

at least move it to the very top of the frame, above the forum name so it will always be at the same place, or even better ,give it a dedicated little sub-frame somewhere so it doesnt interfere with thw forums. i'm all for supporting DT but this is slightly confusing when it pops up from the start each time i load a forum. you know?

regards, m.

edit: you see, maarten also agrees.

Message 4/19                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

k

but once you've loaded it once in your browser, it then loads from your browser temp cache off your disk so no more loading is required once you have it onboard after one forum visit

I'll move it up the top then.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/19                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Nah, it's pretty harmless K. And what's good for DT is good for all  

One thing though. The red text that, I think, explains the DT store is pretty hard to read. Although it may just be me, as I am off to the Optometrists on Thursday.

Steve.

Message 6/19                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

milan

heh you moved it. see, now its just fine. well done.

Message 7/19                 Date: 20-Jan-03  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

Jock

Link?:  No link

Moved what ?!

Message 8/19                 Date: 21-Jan-03  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

k

it's starting to get on my nerves now already   - oh nooooo!

Message 9/19                 Date: 21-Jan-03  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

k

yeah, that was overkill   - it had to die

Message 10/19                 Date: 21-Jan-03  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: yeah yeah ok... don't start...

psylichon

What about squeezing it in the header graphic, right under the nav buttons? Long narrow scroller or something that wouldn't be reloaded and mess with our forum viewing  

psy

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum