0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I just don't get it sometimes...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  01:56 AM   -   I just don't get it sometimes...

Def Z

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

http://www.pinknoises.com/

Why?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

influx

Link?: Link

what dont you get? the need for segregation when supposedly the exact opposite is desired?

what I dont get is why the screamer from ATR is in there. Im not familiar with all of them...hardly any really cept andrea parker and the Angel...

so what dont you get?

Message 3/12                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

milan

hehe cool, electric indigo is on the front page! she's a local gal.

yeah, what dont you get?

Message 4/12                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

k

Link?:  Link

heh, that shonen knife 'constructed japanese female pop' article looks like it might be interesting.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

Def Z

"the need for segregation when supposedly the exact opposite is desired"

I saw this EVERY DAY in college.

Message 6/12                 Date: 20-Dec-02  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

influx

yeah...I know what youre sayin

but heres my take, and it applies to all the loud mouth LOOK AT ME's we see nowadays (gays, black/brown pride, feminists, religious zealotry somewhat too):

In the US....since its inception, anything out of the norm was frequently scorned, and those practicing were ridiculed and worse. badly. gay-ness has long been VERY shunned, etc...

NOW...from say 90s on...things are more acceptable, ya know?

So...all these people...who either WERE or FELT "oppressed" now see this sort of freeforall where it is now...encouraged to "celebrate" differences.

so, women yell about their accomplishments, gays make lots of noise, and you see tons of folks with "black power" shirts etc...

NOT that the prejudices have disappeared, but it is a LOT easier now to make noise about your specific orientation...

sadly, though...the way I see it, the actual effect is almost diametrically opposed to the desired effect. Women look kinda ludicrous spouting off about women (who want to be part of "a mans world"), "colored" people look a bit separatist or even racist with their "XXX power" cried, and, well...the gay world just looks comical if one is going to take the public figures as representative.

I feel like in a fairly short time it will all kinda iron out, and HOPEFULLY at some point it wont matter so much what you "are" and folks will just be viewed on their merits and wont feel the need to draw so much attention.

Message 7/12                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Marketing man. Unique selling points. It is the need and basis of "wonderful me"

Message 8/12                 Date: 21-Dec-02  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

influx

ok now...see? For once I get ya, and we're on the same page

oh, and..I know who moonunit is

Message 9/12                 Date: 22-Dec-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

Loopy

Just good old basic human insecurity. Classification, neat little lables etc. Makes people feel a part of something, not so alone in the world. Common ground with others of the same religion/colour/sexual preference/gender/etc. Its all bullshit. It stops evolution and hinders the speices.

Message 10/12                 Date: 24-Dec-02  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it sometimes...

Pongoid

Wouldn't it be nice if there was that kind of solidarity and support amongst some of us? I know a few of the ladies listed as artists there, and every one that I know are very cool, and not hung up on the gender thing or at least never rubbed it in my face. I never really thought to make it an issue, cuz I just always thought of any of them as artists, and not female artists, or some other demeaning idea. They represent as well as guys do, some even better.

If somebody wants to make good music, or play good music, or put forward some kind of cool artistic expression, and others want to support and respect that, why not?

I think it's abit of a shame that more folks don't interview each other and publish that stuff. It's really hard to get people to be just forthcoming in a profile. Better to interview, and then publish that. Thoughts?

Ape

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum