0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Lets DUEL......

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  07:47 PM     Edit: 03-Oct-02  |  07:50 PM   -   Lets DUEL......

dissonance

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021003/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_us_17
========================================

Iraqi Official Suggests a Duel
Thu Oct 3, 9:25 AM ET

By SAMEER N. YACOUB, Associated Press Writer

========================================

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - An Iraqi vice president offered a unique solution to the U.S.-Iraq standoff: a duel between George W. Bush and Saddam Hussein.

Taha Yassin Ramadan said the duel could be held at a neutral site and with U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan as the referee.

Ramadan, wearing a green uniform and a black beret, made his remarks without giving any outward sign that he was joking although reporters who were present detected a note of irony in his voice.

"A president against a president and vice president against a vice president and a duel takes place, if they are serious, and in this way we are saving the American and the Iraqi people," Ramadan told the Associated Press Television Network.

Iraq has two vice presidents, and Ramadan did not say whether he or Taha Muhie-eldin Marouf would take on Dick Cheney.

Ramadan also said that his government was not concerned by U.S. lawmakers' support of a congressional resolution that would authorize President Bush to use military force against Iraq.

"We pay no attention to this issue," he said, adding that approving such a resolution "makes no difference" to Iraq.

Ramadan criticized U.S. efforts to delay the return of U.N. weapons inspectors to Iraq until the Security Council adopts tougher measures that would give the inspectors broad new powers to hunt for weapons of mass destruction and provide them with military backing.

He said such efforts were aimed at "hampering the inspection process."

"They (the Americans) were surprised by the agreement reached by Iraq and the United Nations ( news - web sites). So their reaction was unbalanced," he said, referring to the deal in Vienna on Tuesday between Iraq and chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix.

Under the agreement, Iraq agreed to an unconditional return of the inspectors under the existing U.N. Security Council resolutions and a 1998 agreement that put the so-called presidential sites — including Saddam's palaces — off-limits to surprise visits.

At the United Nations, the United States was pursuing a tough resolution that would end the exemption for those sites, give Iraq 30 days to compile an "accurate, full and complete" inventory of all aspects of its weapons programs — and provide U.N. inspectors military backing to carry out their search.

But the three other veto-wielding members of the Security Council — Russia, China and France — have said they are not ready to authorize force before inspectors have time to test Iraq's willingness to comply.

=========================================

now this is some funny shit...Kofi should make this happen.

dissonance

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

psylichon

Yeah, but who do you want to win?

Not an easy question.

psylichon

Message 3/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

dissonance

I won't answer that question....but I sure would like to watch.....

dissonance

Message 4/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

Zazza

Link?:  No link

Well, how about if they killed each other?

Message 5/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

99devils

We could get rid of Bush and Cheney and then attack anyways, I suppose  

While I do not really agree with the idea of using our military to topple the regime of a sovereign state, I can't argue that the world wouldn't be a better place without Saddam..

-Craig

Message 6/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

influx

heh. as if the people at the top would ever get their hands dirty with...god forbid...violence!

instead they just push people around on the board...little playing pieces. Makes it pretty easy to cast away thousands of lives in one fell swoop, no?

Message 7/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

xoxos

will someone just go ahead and make action figures of the lot of them?

i'd like to take this opportunity to share how much i really miss playing with action figures. it would be so much fun to have little adventures where they have to explore all over the a-frame. i really used to like the micronauts because (in britain) the toys were released with no movie to let you know who the characters were, just the orange one and the green one and the one with the silver paint that flaked off his head really easily. that was fantastic, because i didn't have to always make them save the princess and fight aliens in the cantina. i had a big rubber bird.

except their fucking ankles were flimsy as hell so i had all of these drippled characters and the healthy ones had to help them go all over the place. imagine how much adventure i could have had with them with good ankles.

that's supposed to be crippled not drippled.

i had a big rubber bird.

Message 8/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

dissonance

War by PROXY...it's the American Way....

Columbia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Chile, Venezuela, Iraq.....

it's like a fucking huge game of Stratego....but with real people.

disgusting!!

dissonance

Message 9/21                 Date: 03-Oct-02  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Message 10/21                 Date: 04-Oct-02  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Lets DUEL......

influx

y'all think bush could box?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum