0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: D'n'B or Breaks?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  07:44 PM   -   D'n'B or Breaks?

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Everyone

I've just put 2 more tracks up on the music page -Driftwood which is Techno (I think) and Everything's OK. I'm not sure if the latter is d'n'b or breaks, so could you give it a listen and let me have your opinions on it please. Whichever genre it is, it's met with heavy metal.

Driftwood sounds Orbitalish and Jarresque so I've already been told by a friend.

Thanx.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

milan

Link?: Link

you are mad. everything´s ok is neither breaks nor dnb but mad experimental noise. and seen as such its not bad actually. but you have to be slightly mad to make something like that  

the other one is nice!

Message 3/18                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

Paullyboy8440

Yeah your song your mentioning is some experimental type music. Your driftwood seemed to be more of breaks than techno.

Message 4/18                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

bedwyr

i like both of these, driftwood one more. i like the start of the other one, but not really the second half.

vote c9!

Message 5/18                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

Cloud Nine

Thanks fellas. Actually I had an inkling that Driftwood was more like breaks, but I get so damned confused over the genres....

Everything's OK was meant to be D'n'B, but as you say ended up as some kind of mad experimental noise. But I thought perhaps it still retained something of a D@n@B flavour.

Message 6/18                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

Paullyboy8440

Genres aren't that important to me anymore. I like to call my music experimental because i'm always trying new things but it always leans so close to some genre that i might as well call it that.

Message 7/18                 Date: 07-Aug-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

Cloud Nine

I know what you mean Paullyboy. I don't really like all the genres either, though I suppose you've got to have them.

It's a pity we can't have a "downtempo experimental" genre. I suggested something like this a while back, and got my head bitten off by Influx. The point is it would just make things easier.

Message 8/18                 Date: 07-Aug-02  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

Cloud Nine

I got a vote! Who should I be thanking, Bedwyr?

Message 9/18                 Date: 07-Aug-02  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

damballah

yeah, driftwood seems to be allied to some that "hearts of space"ish electronic music, i guess, as does a good bit of your other stuff (except Everythings OK -- where'd dat come from?). you seem to have a vein you're working that isn't so tied to a particular sort of drum beat, as the popular "dance" styles are. so genres be damned, just have at it.

Message 10/18                 Date: 07-Aug-02  @  04:21 AM   -   RE: D'n'B or Breaks?

Cloud Nine

Well Damballah I don't know where it came from, it sort of popped up, or maybe I was abducted by that alien on Maarten's page, and re-programmed to make a different sound!

Seriously, I just wanted to do something different from what I normally do, funny thing is I really enjoyed doing it.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum