0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Out Of Time

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  06:32 PM   -   Out Of Time

Paullyboy8440

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New song, not exactly done. I really like this one. Thought you guys would like a listen before I'm finished.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Out Of Time

paullyboy8440

Link?:  No link

of course comments would be appreciated. especially negative ones because this song is still in the creation stage.

Message 3/12                 Date: 18-Jul-02  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Out Of Time

xoxos

fonkay!

btw, unless you were maknig fun of me, never ever ever talk down your own tracks. it's "always finished." the finished version is just "new and improved!" "with extra zing!"

Message 4/12                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: Out Of Time

k

Link?:  Link

harp too loud - make it spacey

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: Out Of Time

Paullyboy8440

Heh, usually that is the case for me Xoxos. None of my tracks are actually completely completed. Theres always room for improvement but this time i actually didn't finish. Didn't know what to do with the track.

K, what harp do you mean? the beginning?
Thank you guys for responding too.

Message 6/12                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  05:57 AM   -   RE: Out Of Time

marianimal

I too noticed that your tracks are unfinished, and I'm sure this has already occurred to you but finishing a track of your own, attaining whatever kind of "finished" is important to you, will teach you a lot; you'll prolly grow by leaps and bounds. And/or you may find that you want to work with another person to bounce ideas & move them along.

Message 7/12                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: Out Of Time

xoxos

gotta add that i totally dig your style.. i think you're the first person i've seen @ dt with a consistent handle on the big beat thing.

Message 8/12                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Out Of Time

k

the harp sound when it comes back in drowns the drums etc.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/12                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: Out Of Time

Paullyboy8440

marianimal - most of my music isn't really incomplete to me. When I make them, they actually are finished. I just say they seemed to be incomplete is because when you make music for a long time, you tend to learn new things and hear things that you might want to add to the mix. The problem with most of my older tracks is I don't have the files or the samples for them anymore. I lost them from harddrive crashes and such. So whenever I work on my tracks to make them "more complete". I just say they are "New and Improved" "With Extra zing" ;)
Xoxos - thank you. my music tend to head in the breaks/big beat area but i tend to do experimental because when ever i get into a certain sound i tend to lean my music into it. So i end up blending my genres. (trust me, its a lot funner this way).
K- I think i know what you mean, the sound isn't as noticable in the hi-fi version. I'll try and lower it to see if it does anything.

Message 10/12                 Date: 19-Jul-02  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Out Of Time

k

yeah true it's probably the result of mono-ing the panned harp sound??

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum