0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: dance your ass off

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  06:56 PM   -   dance your ass off

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

had another go at the last one.. this is my first official dance track at dancetech.. "xoxos vs. the elders of zion" (they're doomed i tell you)

this is basically my reaction to 'hoovers and horns..' so it's a bit derivative and a bit something different. i liked the whole idea of pounding ridiculous energy music, but no clue if it's really hard house or not.. comments?

and.. am i in then?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 12-Jul-02  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Stefan

rofl
Great.
your synthies need a little tuning ;-)

Message 3/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Stefan

btw is it possible to get an 128kb higher quality version somewhere ?
I need to have this one in my car cd player in the morning when driving to work ;-)

Message 4/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

k

Link?:  Link

excellent.. I tell you what, I'll make a copy if it in lo-fi and drop it off with this bloke I know who runs one of the Uk's top hardhouse labels and see what he thinks - I'd be interested what he thinks.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Maarten

hehe, coco going wha-oomf-wha-oomf-wha-oomf  ... I like your other stuf better I guess. This just seems too happy go lucky for my likings but I must admit, it sounds exactly the way I hear it when entering the wrong tent on a big commercial dance-festival- so that's a good thing me thinks. I run off though but to me that's a good thing too.

Message 6/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

ha.. me too k - i was wondering how close i got to h.h... esp. since i went all 'cyber' in the bit.. which i like for dancing but might make some people fall over?? do you jump up and down or body rock? make a snap decision :p

just wanted to get it up for now.. needs some smoothing, tweaking.. nice jungly drills and stuff coming off that bit of bassline.. maybe less stuff in the beginning, here and there. my kick drum patch never wants to reload so it probably needs more of a mix than i gave it.

not that it couldn't be anything stefan but happy to point out that saw is chip32 ^ thru logic's chorus.. (seems to do this funny phase thing..) probably the smallest vsti going??

right m dance music is still definately work for me..

Message 8/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

Maarten

No no no, this is (in my view) exactly how it should be done... for the style your exploring there. Just not my thing. On a more constructive note : you might want to bring that bass between the kicks a tad back... it seems to up-front in contrast of the kick IMO.

Message 9/21                 Date: 13-Jul-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: dance your ass off

milan

xoxoswhatareyoudoingyoumadmaaaaan!  )

this is horrible. so horrible that i might go crazy and do something similar just for fun.

other than that it does what it does well. i see that you manged to overcome your distaste for heavy kicks ;)

Message 10/21                 Date: 14-Jul-02  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: dance your ass off

xoxos

trust me i'm paying for that..

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum