0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Synth for strings/pads?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  04:43 PM   -   Synth for strings/pads?

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am after a good synth for producing progressive house. I am looking at the Nova Desktop, Supernova and the Titon le. Possibly the Virus as well. I have to keep it sub-£700 for my budget is low. The main thing I am looking for, after good nasty sounds, is the capability to produce good strings/pads.

Any help is appreciated!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/25                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

milan

Link?: Link

well any of them will probably do you right. novation synths have a reputation as being nice for soft pads, but i´m sure they can do the ruff stuff as well. triton is a rompler, so avoid it if you want to synthesise your own sounds from scratch, but on the other hand its well known a quality sounding machine. kylie´s huge hit was allegedly done on almost nothing but a triton. and virus is also known for being powerfull and having a nice sounds.

guess you´ll just have to take a walk to the nearest synth store and give each of them a listen.

Message 3/25                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Steve Roughley

Unfortunately, the nearest store that stocks these things is is 95 miles away! I'll propably head down on the train (I would have a car but I keep spending money on kit) once I have a fair idea of what I am looking for. Which is starting to look like the Nova desktop synth.

Cheers for your help!

Steve.

Message 4/25                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

xoxos

steve, no kidding, go to my homepage. i only knocked 'mystic' together yesterday, so it's jsut a sample of what you can do with synthedit.. see vst thread for details!  

Message 5/25                 Date: 24-Jun-02  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Def Z

K2000. Strings, pads? Oh yeah baby...

Message 6/25                 Date: 24-Jun-02  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

panama

Alpha Juno-1 - string machine. fairly complex
envelopes. cuts a mix great. it's cheap to buy!

Message 7/25                 Date: 24-Jun-02  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

nomad

Link?:  Link

if you can find an mks70 or jx10 cheap, they do the strings and pads things really well. then you can spend the rest of the money on something really good at ruff sounds (the mks70 CAN pull some off, but it's not its forte).

Message 8/25                 Date: 24-Jun-02  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Steve Roughley

The mks series looks quite good actually. That's definitely the kind of thing that I am after. I like the analog sound but it doesn't work for what I do! And Roland do some nice VA stuff.

Cheers all! I know what I am after now!

Steve.

Message 9/25                 Date: 24-Jun-02  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

milan

hopefully not an SH32?

Message 10/25                 Date: 25-Jun-02  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: Synth for strings/pads?

Pongoid

prophet

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum