0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Influx needs some help

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  10:56 AM   -   Influx needs some help

who else

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK here's the deal.

almost 2 years ago I worked on a track with this guy. Without breaking it down to numbers the work was mostly me. My studio, my engineering, MY time for the most part (I think he spent 2 maybe 3 days at my pad?)

so...every time he left, I would go back in and tighten shit up...cuz this guy wanted to put every single idea he ever had into ONE track...

eventually I said LOOK this is DONE for now, but I dont want it public.

he wanted otherwise but I said NO. Its not ready, my style isnt ready, the mix aint right blah blah blah

well, it turns out he went and got it released. Financed on his own (someone else apparently paid for it) and it has sold close to 500 copies(? not sure on the exact number)

I just got an email from a friend who pointed out that Release in Canada has it...which means it has gotten around, you know?

thing is..the guy changed the title, and my name is NOT on it AT ALL

he ing calls me "nflux" in the promo he sent out, says I've worked with Uberzone, etc...which is just wack.

I dont know what to do. Im not worried about money but the thought of someone slighting me in this way just makes me want to revert back to the old days where my fists were my means of communication

WHAT DO I DO? please help me before I just kick this dudes ass!!! I cant tell if he's truly a swindler or just not aware of what he is doing!!!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Maarten

Link?: Link

You obviously know who he is, can you track him down? I say use violence first, ask questions later 'cause what 'evidence' do you have that you've even worked on the track? Fucked up though...

Message 3/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

bedwyr

why don't you phone him up?

thing is, what sort of outcome do you want? do you want to stop him selling it? or just put the credit right? (along with $)

Message 4/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

I have had this happen to me as well. Its sooooo bloody frustrating! Obviously, the first thing you should do is approach him about it. If that turns up no results you can take him to court for copyright infringement. You do not need to pay copyright fees for anything that you create and as you have the original material on your studio you will win! Even if he changed the name, etc.

I ended up taking a bloke, who did something very similar, to small claims court and was awarded the full profits, which left him in debt. But best of all, he now has a criminal record! He won't be doing it again! I know this sounds mean, but remember this stopped him from doing this to anyone else!

Hope this helps!

Steve.

Message 5/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

influx

Link?:  Link

europe on point!!!!

sure I have the original as midi files on my PC! dated and everything!

thing is..I HAVE contacted him and he swears up and down that no money is being made, etc...

like I said..Im not looking for money, but IF money was made then it is rightfully MINE since the song is mine. he did help, and would of course have partial rights to the track, but BARELY

nothing legal was ever done, and the damn thing was NOT supposed to be PUBLIC dammit! I didnt feel that it was ready

I have to sue him? be a part of this bullshit legal system?

crap

Message 6/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Maarten

You don't have to, you can also follow my advise and bitch-slap him you know  ... otherwise, sue him!

Message 7/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

Maarten

... and comment on my track goddamnit!

Message 8/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

bedwyr

Someone's making money somewhere. Cheeky fucker, go kick his head in.

If it's selling then people like it. If he puts a proper credit for you and he sells any more then that's a good thing for you surely? You're not going to be able to stop him doing another 500 if he wants, criminal record or not, so make the most of it for yourself, maybe.

Do you still think it's not worthy of release?

Message 9/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

influx

Link?:  Link

no. I dont. not really. the quality is POOP.

what I was thinking of doing was releasing a better mix of it. the "proper" mix...would be a nice non-violent "bitch slap" no?

Message 10/45                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Influx needs some help

steve

I remember you talking about this bloke before.

Dont really have much to offer other than caving his head in seems like an attractive proposition. Surely uberzone will be none too happy either about his name being used to flog a record? Hes a snake, so you obviously need to sort him out one way or another.....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum