0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: so... any dj´s on dt?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  01:49 AM   -   so... any dj´s on dt?

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

so... any of the DT peeps out there spinning records? and dont worry about the "i am not a dj" attitude in this forum, i dont call myself a dj either...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  02:26 AM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

bedwyr

used to.

Message 3/13                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

k

Link?:  Link

it's odd... we get big traffic, the product companies like to send us freebies to review all the time, yet not one single DJ has figured out that if they write a regular review & CHART for DT then record companies will send them FREE promo vinyl to review... check the ABOUT-DT thing on the tech front end page or the signup pages... we beat ministry & gatecrasher etc for visits... at least we are up there with thos big named sites... but not a single dj has figured this out yet as has gone for the promo reviews... wierd!

still, we'll start to plug the Deejay side of the site more once the store opens cos we'll be doing DJ deals on decks & bundle deals etc.

what we REALLY need is a dj-kit reviewer who can do quality reviews.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/13                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

woxy

i play records out a few times a month - funk - disco - parteeeee tracks - silly stuff - - - -

- - - - - music to get tanked up and stumble around to - - -

check the turbofunkmix cheever and i did if you're interested

cheers
WOXY

btw - dig your cheeeeesemix - well wicked

Message 5/13                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

milan

hey K, i´d be more than happy to review all the gear you can send my way, and my mixes proove i´m a serious mixer  

i was even doing dnb pages for a big UK-based vertical portal which went knees up 18 months ago.

re. records, the thing is, unless you´re a dj in UK or US, there is much slimmer chance that companies will send you records, regarding you as an outsider. tell me i´m wrong...cheers, M.

oh, and woxy: tnx for the big-up!

Message 6/13                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

k

it's worth a blag tho mebbe

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/13                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

dissonance

Yeah I too would be interested in doing Gear reviews...maybe some music too? Depends on the particulars and stuff. I can't review anything but the techno, I really don't care for a whole lot more than that. I play out, have got gear at home, and would be very intrested on writing about mixers, decks, effects processors....maybe vinyl?

Get back at me with some more details if you wish.

dissonance
dissonance@1537paperstreet.com

Message 8/13                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

EcstaticHigH

Link?:  No link

hey, I spin records all the time, I'd love to review some promos, so how do I do this?

Message 9/13                 Date: 23-Jun-02  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

milan

write to labels, innit.

Message 10/13                 Date: 26-Jun-02  @  06:44 PM     Edit: 27-Jun-02  |  03:33 PM   -   RE: so... any dj´s on dt?

Brett

where do you post reviews then. I have been spinning since 94'. Left it a while ago to buy gear over records, but started again recently. I'll post a mix up soon when I have an hour laying around.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum