0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Short Break

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 08-Jun-02  @  07:50 PM     Edit: 08-Jun-02  |  07:51 PM   -   Short Break

Paullyboy8440

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well, yes i just posted 2 new tracks and i know i said i was going to take a break but i just can't stop making music. You can't take the music out me. I make music when i'm bored, inspired, or when i have a tune in my head. Well anyways two tracks are DarkMuzak (a dark d&b track) and A New Home (A d&b/breaks track) How you guys like.

Oh and yes those are the smiley faces that used to occupy the classified icon. I managed to save them before they got replaced.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: Short Break

Paullyboy8440

Link?:  No link

Oh and uh comments wouldn't hurt

Message 3/12                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: Short Break

Bastiaan

Darmkmuzak starts out nice...but it almost feels like I'm listening to an eternal intro. I think your D'n'N could do with a little more D to drive the track.

Then again, I never listen to thos kinda stuff so who am?

Message 4/12                 Date: 09-Jun-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Short Break

Paullyboy8440

Thanks Bastiaan, I'll keep that in mind next time i work on the song.

Message 5/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: Short Break

Cloud Nine

Didn't like "A New Home" at all, but Dark Muzak was interesting. Just one thing though, and this is only my opinion, but you ought to try and vary the sound just a little more, otherwise things can get a bit monotonous. No offence meant btw.

Message 6/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: Short Break

influx

I listened to a BUNCH of your songs the other day, man...some were cool, but...I REALLY think that you need to spend a little more time on each one

your page says you have..what? well over 200 songs?

I can see why, cuz they just dont sound finished, m'man. I would really say just spend a bit more time on things...and stay off the coffee 

Message 7/12                 Date: 10-Jun-02  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Short Break

milan

yeah... paully, try to work more on your tracks mate, put more thought into it. i see how they are mostly loop based, so think about what you can put on top of that. make a progression of sorts. make them go somewhere, do something, you know. have them engage the listener a bit more. take yoour time, let the track sit if you dont know where to go, then come back later... i guess its all about spending more time on them, so think about it.

Message 8/12                 Date: 11-Jun-02  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: Short Break

Paullyboy8440

Most of it is unfinished because i don't really have alot of time and when i do, something goes wrong and i can't finish it. I'll continue working on them. I don't take offense because i only learn from comments and yes i do make my music quite monotonous(sp?) I'm working on it. Thanks for comments all.

Message 9/12                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: Short Break

Paullyboy8440

Just made another track. Have to work on the rest of it. I think the beat programming is basically done. Take a listen its called "Angus"

Message 10/12                 Date: 12-Jun-02  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Short Break

milan

ah, thats already better. you see, as soon as you start puting some variation it becoes easier to strech the tunes. now vary it MORE. dont have the one sound going from start to finish, ad few other in between, even having 2-3 syths going off at the same time isnt forbidden  

work on it man!

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum