0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: diving remix

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 22-May-02  @  09:54 PM   -   diving remix

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

'..sing..'

bit o fun, just used free softsynths. 'beg.'

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 23-May-02  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: diving remix

sitarsong

Xoxos, I honestly can't find the track you're talking about. It's called 'sing'? I couldn't find anything with the word sing in it.  

Message 3/16                 Date: 23-May-02  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: diving remix

nothingnewhere

nice kinda electro feel, yes. what fx did you use on the vocal? that last little sound near the end, i wanted more of that.

beg22 sitar.

Message 4/16                 Date: 23-May-02  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: diving remix

sitarsong

Oh jeez. How could I have missed that. I'm off to sleep. Tomorrow night I can listen. Sorry about that Xoxos. I really thought the song was called sing. Wondered why you had the word beg there.

Message 5/16                 Date: 23-May-02  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: diving remix

bedwyr

i'll send her over next week. she ook me out for dinner on my birthday last week.

vote, you don't even need to register.

Message 6/16                 Date: 23-May-02  @  01:07 PM     Edit: 23-May-02  |  01:10 PM   -   RE: diving remix

xoxos

aah, enduring love  

actually, this time i'm interested in yer feedback!  

how's the mix sound, since it's all s/w? i started out with the kick, which has got a high pass filter on the patch (as promised) but when wrapping the track up i threw a massive parametric boost on the bassline "so other people could enjoy it." also ran the hats louder than my sensibilities would defer to.

sitar nothing but 10 hours sleeps this vacation, you try maybe  

eq, comp, slight chorus, a little cheesy delay, lots of phlegm. destroyfx override buffer on 'body.' the bomb sound (inaudible on these pc speakers) is synthetic II. funny because that mic sounded really crisp on everyone else's voice but didn't hear the same kind of presence on this. maybe too whispery :p

oh yeah. hifi at link 96/44, hats at end sound like i did something different.. it's the encoder.

Message 7/16                 Date: 23-May-02  @  10:28 PM     Edit: 23-May-02  |  10:29 PM   -   RE: diving remix

nothingnewhere

i listened to the hifi version. the hats that come in a little before 1 minute seem to stand out a little more than i would like, it could easily just be the mp3 compression though as sometimes thats what happns to hats on a mp3. in sections where there is alot going on in the mix the vocal gets a little muddy, a little eq is probably in order.

great track.

Message 8/16                 Date: 23-May-02  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: diving remix

bedwyr

listening now, mefinks the bass is a little, how you say, undefined, where did you boost? and that thing at 50 i'd put louder, but that's just me.

listening quiet, i think the vocal is too quiet too, but it's a whisper/growl thing, so maybe just eq? to make it cut more. dunno.

i likes it.

Message 9/16                 Date: 24-May-02  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: diving remix

xoxos

like i'm gonig to listen to it again to find out what you're talking about.

boosted the bass about 10 db at 100Hz. crazy stuff. i had it nice and quiet (just the way i like it.. ooh my frikkin ears) patch has about 95% resonance so there wasn't much to work with.

alright, that's enough feedback. i'm going to study animation now. fuck trying to mix when it only inflames my tinnitus.

Message 10/16                 Date: 24-May-02  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: diving remix

sitarsong

Found it! Call me Sherlock from now on. I like this track. Nice bounce to it. I'm hearing mostly the kick, the bass, and the 16th note octave to octave thing. I like the sound on 2 and 4. Only became aware of it just before the fade. Almost like a soft clave. I think the mix is good. Depends on what you're going for. I'm used to put the synth stuff louder, but maybe I could learn something hearing this track. Nice feel anyway. Very tastefully Xoxos as always. All softsynths eh? Ain't it fun. The synths are nice. Listening again. I like the one that plays the 5th and 4th and 5th with a dotted 8th in there. There's something of the Pet Shop Boys in there, in a good way.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum