0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: shall we.......

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27                 Date: 16-May-02  @  09:06 PM   -   shall we.......

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

start a genre section?.... a basic text for each and people can nominate tracks in each page which appear?.. (pref' somehow with audio examples) ??

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/27                 Date: 16-May-02  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

brentym

Link?: Link

you da boss, man...

Message 3/27                 Date: 16-May-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

sitar

Not sure what you mean, but it sounds good.

Message 4/27                 Date: 16-May-02  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

gb

Yeah, that would probably help me as I have trouble finding out what genre any particular melody belongs to.

There are two problems, tho. 1) Who's the boss ? Who's going to decide what genre any particular tune belongs to ? And, 2) isn't there going to be loads of stuff that doesn't really fit any genre ?

Message 5/27                 Date: 17-May-02  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: shall we.......

k

well people just can post tracks/artists (meaning text) that they nominate as good examples of the genre... so it builds a list over time of good artists & tracks in various genre's?...

but to add audio?.. i dunno that's another ball game... i dunno.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/27                 Date: 17-May-02  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: shall we.......

sitarsong

Link?: Link

I get it. So it would be a text genre forum then. That is a good idea. We already have a track forum. I think in adding a track there needs to be something to click for tracks that don't fit a set genre. A lot of that comes from lack of experience and skill, speaking of myself there. But something that gives a recognition of tracks that don't fit. As people develop here and more people start contributing there are bound to be new ideas and even new genres born. Just a thought.

Message 7/27                 Date: 17-May-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

k

Link?:  No link

sure, but if we stick to defined genre's then newbies can work out what is a crossover by becoming familiar with the characteristic of tracks that are strickly fixed to a genre... mebbe? - i dunno.

Message 8/27                 Date: 17-May-02  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

sitar

yea. I still haven't gotten it all straight.

Message 9/27                 Date: 19-May-02  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: shall we.......

Brett

Link?:  No link

who decides what is what. there are so many people that say this is this, or that. But it's all reletive to your local way of seeing things.

Message 10/27                 Date: 19-May-02  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: shall we.......

k

no, surely?... drum&bass is drum&bass, house is house, trance is trance and club-trance is clubtrance etc... innit?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum