0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: First Track - Old but...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  03:39 AM     Edit: 14-May-02  |  08:58 PM   -   First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

THIS IS MY BEST TRACK EVER!! IT'S PROGRESSIVE HOUSE!! I DID IT WITH NOTHING BUT AN MC303!!!

YEAH!!!!

(This is a lie, but listen anyway)

I put it under prog house. It probably isn't, but I don't like to label things because people get angry.

Some people like it. Some hate it. I got tired of it, abandoned it and left it to die. Did I make the right decision??

It starts off a bit cheese tastic and then breaks down sorta nicely and then gets ambient and then starts off again, albeit less cheesy.

Anyway, it kind of shows the direction I was headed before good taste kicked in...

Rip it a new one!

It's called dreminofu...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

k

Link?:  Link

well the bassline grabs you straight away...  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

this is pretty good man.

i dont mind the cheese. :-)

Message 4/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Yes, that bass it a bit on the heavy side...

You'd better roll it off a bit.

Message 5/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

k

i dunno if it's the bass tho... one weird thing i found was that the riff gelled better without the drums, something in the drum balance or pattern (mebbe the hat) seems to slightly clash with the bassline when the drums come in... only slight tho, probably just needs a quick remix/rebalance??... yeah, good track tho... house is house to me.. i dont care if it sounds 'older' or not...

Message 6/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Well, thanks for the comments!

The Bass is totally overpowering. Bad Event PS5 monitors.

33 views and only 2 people kind enough to comment on it.

Maybe I should have said "This is my best track ever!" instead?

;)

Message 7/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

people always come and look at a thread and dont comment.

you bastards. :-p

Message 8/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

Well at least a couple of people came and gave valid comments... Nobody said anything about composition yet. Hmmm.

Message 9/26                 Date: 14-May-02  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

frostbyte

i'm pulling a sitar on you.

laterz  

Message 10/26                 Date: 15-May-02  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: First Track - Old but...

boo_meister

As long as you listen, Frostbyte, dat's all dat matters!

Oh, and pick apart on constructively on this thread.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum