0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: How to mix your POP...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  06:19 PM   -   How to mix your POP...

Zink

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

First of all, forget that this tutorial is how to mix a pop record - Don't let that prejudice you!

This tutorial is actually VERY useful and covers a lot of good practices and it's something we can all learn from. Apart from Brett and Influx.

;)

http://www.audiomelody.com/Tutorials/MixingIntroduction.htm

Let me know what you think...

Mooky.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

damballah

you're a pretty brave bastard ;)

Message 3/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

Zink

Link?:  No link

I know...

;)

Message 4/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

influx

is mixing a pop song any different than mixing anything else?

I think that article is OLD?

(not sure what you meant about "cept influx and Brett" tho)

Message 5/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

Zink

That article is really old, but nevertheless...

Not sure what I meant?? It was meant as kinda a compliment, I s'pose.

Message 6/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

damballah

...or a troll...

Message 7/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

Zink

Well, y'don't HAVE to like it or find it useful.

In the absence of any 'How to mix your dubby techno from scratch' articles, the fact is I DID find it useful and informative even if some things were redundant.

Sorry if you hate it! Just sharing, caring.

Message 8/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

Zink

As an interesting side note...

It's worth learning and getting tips from as many different sources as possible. A lot of underground technooooo stuff is actually mixed like shit and becomes a muddy mess when played on a big system. Not all, but enough to be annoying.

The best mix I've ever heard (And I KNOW a lot of people will give me flak for this!) is a Candi Staton remix of Young Hearts put out on REACT a good while back. I don't make Disco, but fuck, this thing REALLY REALLY Kicks hard and has super fat bass can be played really, really, really loud and you can hear EVERYTHING as clear as a bell. I would love to talk to the mix/master Engineer who did that track and see how they did it and hopefully be able to apply it to my mixes. Keep an open mind.

Mook.

Message 9/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

bedwyr

"By the end of the track, you will either be very excited or extremely depressed"

*sigh*

Message 10/27                 Date: 13-May-02  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: How to mix your POP...

bedwyr

well worth a read, informative and funny too. nice one, zink.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum