0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 99devils industrial stuff

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 07-May-02  @  02:49 PM   -   99devils industrial stuff

99devils

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Retribution has been added to my DT tracks section, or you can d/l a hi-fi version at the above link. This is a song I wrote a couple years ago and it never got fully finished. My latest project decided to dust it off and fix it up, so I'm sharing with you nice people   It's finally done!!

Feedback is requested.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 07-May-02  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

Maarten

Nice those distorted voices in the background, hardly heard but cool touch... ohh wait becoming clearer now. cool that break round 2:15. Really like that mood at 3:15... The real drums seem a bit off now and then- or not... I like this mixup of styles- very interesting. Someone should do a hard/dark tekno remix of this ;)

Message 3/21                 Date: 07-May-02  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

99devils

I'm looking for remixers, actually.

The drums are pretty tight in general but there's a few places where he got off   It's too bad youcan't wire MIDI ports into their brains and sync them to clock!

-Craig

Message 4/21                 Date: 07-May-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

sitar

Link?:  Link

Hehe  

Message 5/21                 Date: 07-May-02  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

xoxos

i didn't understand a word he said  

Message 6/21                 Date: 07-May-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

sitarsong

Cool track. Congrats on finishing it. I love the break at around 1:20. Sounds a bit like T2   My kind of song. Did you do the vocals? Love the bass at 2:20. You have a @20 seconds thing going. Yea. This is a great track. Could put Prodigy back on their heals  

Message 7/21                 Date: 08-May-02  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

99devils

Thanks. Our bass player sang the intro, and I demolished that with the Warp Factory and Filter Factory. Main vocals were done by the guitar player, distortion by 01V. The sample of the girl in the middle was a real girl. She's the hostess at the local Pizzaria Uno's  

I just love it that someone voted for me! Yay! ;)

-Craig

Message 8/21                 Date: 08-May-02  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

proximus

agressive.. I love this, I'm thinking the Matrix soundtrack here

Message 9/21                 Date: 08-May-02  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

frostbyte

Link?:  No link

nice track, cool synths and vox. it's a bit helmet meets rage against the machine with a soupcon of prong. now the drum seems a bit weird, mainly the copper. it seeems to bleed a lot everywhere and loose itself, it could be more constraint. the guitar could be louder of course  i find the bass a bit wobbly, was it effected? Of course the synths have a lot of presence, wonder why ;p

my take on it is concentrate on writing the stuff and hire tom to record you  
good track, gets my vote

Message 10/21                 Date: 08-May-02  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: 99devils industrial stuff

99devils

The bass is effected with a tremolo in the beginning section..

Mixing real drums is fucking hard! The problem you speak of is that there's hi-hat EVERYWHERE!! Our drummer plays the hats way too loud. In order to not lose the the rest of the cymbals, the hats wound up being really too loud  

If we could afford to hire someone to record it we would..

Great feedback, keep it coming!

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum