0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: First song on DT

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  01:13 AM   -   First song on DT

kettlecup

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've just put my song 'Are you stupid?' up, I'd appreciate advice and feedback. Ta. Apologies if this is stating the obvious!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: First song on DT

influx

hey. I listened. When I first heard the 4 on the floor I almost hit stop. Im just so not into that stuff, but...

it actually sounds kinda cool. I dont know about "new" or "fresh" or anything like that because I dont listen to anything along these lines, but...nevertheless, sounds solid enough. Sounds like the mix could be a little more...but then again mono lofi doesnt say much.

but yeah. not too bad!

Message 3/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: First song on DT

kettlecup

That's interesting, all my older stuff doesn't have "four on the floor" but I noticed that every tune I hear out does so I started using it and thought it gave it some "oomph"! What do you recommend instead? I used to use bass drum patterns based on real drum patterns I'd learned in real drum lessons on real drums in real life.
Hopefully everyone else will listen and not be put off by this four on the floor nonsense!

Thanks for taking time to listen and comment.

Lee.

Message 4/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: First song on DT

influx

not put off. just not my style. I did breaks. I guess based on "real real real real..." as you put it altho many disco bands had 4 on the floor played by real drummers

I just like my drums to be as tech and interesting as the rest of the sounds

dont change what you like cuz of what the rest are doing. nah.

Message 5/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: First song on DT

sitar

Link?:  Link

I'll try to listen tonight dude. First track on DT though. Cool. Make it the first of many in any case.

Message 6/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: First song on DT

frostbyte

Link?:  No link

pretty good, keep it up !

i read somewhere session drummers who did disco found it kind of boring and asked to be paid by the "peasoup" wich was the hat pattern. thank dog for drum machines eh!

Message 7/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: First song on DT

knowa

nice one. I like melodic part that kicks in at about 1:00, I wish it stayed around a while longer and developed. the laser sound is a little cheesy/too loud tho. I'm on computer speakers tho... this track made me glad the weekend is almost here ;)

Message 8/23                 Date: 03-May-02  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: First song on DT

sitarsong

Hey I like the bass. It has that lovely formant sound you can get out of a subtractive synth. Sounds like it's forming a vowel. I like your sounds. Cool track. The only one I'm not fond of so much is the siren like sound. But heh, that's just my preference. I think it's what Knowa called the laser sound which is a better description. You might put more into the drums like hats and cymbals to help drive it. Listen to Influx's tracks. There's one on the track list I think on the music page. "Darkness" is the title I think. Different style but definately drums with umph as you say.

Nice imagination in the track. Keep them coming. Refreshing sound.

Message 9/23                 Date: 03-May-02  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: First song on DT

kettlecup

Thanks for these comments they are really appreciated, i actually agree about the laser sound now you mention it .. funny what you can miss when you've heard something often enough!

As for the melodic bit around 1.00, it does come back if you wait! What do you think it should do? Stick around sooner? I'm interested to try these ideas on a new version of it.

Can one of you confirm whether you see an image for my track? Seems it didn't show up which is a shame because it was a good picture!

One other thing .. is it acceptable to ask for feedback here each time? Do people give you feedback anyway or what?

Cheers, another track soon.

Message 10/23                 Date: 03-May-02  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: First song on DT

sitar

Definately ask for feedback each time. And yes, you're most likely going to get some anyway  

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum