0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Rhythm Killer

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  12:50 AM   -   Rhythm Killer

panama

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ahhhh, so here it is Maarten... after 4 months of no tunage - I finally finished off the tune. I can't say it sounds like a remix, cuse it's not... But, hey - I built it off your session into a new one - so there is some credit. :-)

Bassline really kicks on a system! But, for some reason, I couldn't get it sorted with the mp3 encoding.

Percussive House elements. coments are welcome!

expect more from me soon guys... I got a big ole breaks collection that will show them West Coast cats how its done! Ha! j/k. peace

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

milan

kewl track panama, gets my vote! i cant find any resemblance to maarten´s tune, but as an original track it works great. percussions are cool as fuck, great beats throughout. those deep synth sound awfuly familiar though, remind me of something i´ve already heard. just cant place them...

man, this is some top quality material. screw maarten, put it out under your name  

cheers, M.

Message 3/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

sitarsong

That's not nice Milan  

Maybe I can listen tomorrow night. Just got home and it's late. Sounds cool.

Message 4/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

panama

Link?:  No link

thanks for the comments milan... and your
right - it doesn't sound anything near his track,
but I gotta give him some props... I did mangle
the hell out of his drums, and I did some crazy
time stretching/sound processing with his
virus sounds. The virus poly line, was slowed
down and put through a bunch of effects to
make that bassline... I pumped the sound to
be a sine like wave, then I dropped some ad
huge effects on it, and it all came out right...
So, he gets credit :-) But, as the melodies go, I
couldn't pound them in the mix, so I had to try
different stuff.

So the paddy stabs sounded familar? hmmm,
a Juno-106 on a typical preset... Run through
a delay... must be the elements surrounding it.
thanks

Message 5/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

brad

Hey this is good. I should try doing 4x4 w/ a 16th-note percussive element like you got (i.e. shaker or whatever). Thanks for the idea ;-)

The juno stabs sound like 'typical' dubby things- keep 'em!

Cool shit.

Message 6/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

psylichon

I haven't heard the original track, but this one holds up quite nicely on its own.

Drums really pumped in this one... nice hypnotic vibe. I just wanted a few more drops in the drums in certain spots (you know, mutes in the trasitions and random, "gotcha," missing kicks and such)

Around 2:00 it gets boring... add some bubblies!

It really wants to build more by 2:15.... try adding more percussive elements to drive it a bit.

By 3:00 I'm really ready for something new. In the timeframe of the song (about 5 minutes) it should be bangin' by now.

Some of the sounds need more modulation. They don't "move around" and change enough, ya know?

But I love some of the transition sounds (shwooshy stuff). Timing is spot on.

I think the theme at 4:40 doesn't sound like an ending theme and thus it's too late to introduce it. Just my opinion.

Don't wanna sound like I'm slagging. I really liked it in lots of ways. Just when I post a track I do it so I can find out what could be better, and this one is real close IMO! Another week and it could be a banger...

psylichon

Message 7/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

panama

dude, thanks for the honest words psylichon!

I do need some mutes and stops between the
measures - so the listener can get a break
and then be pushed back in within 3 secs.

I felt meself, that the drums needed a lot more
variation... I varied the percussion line quite a
bit with eq and ghost and reverse hits. But I
feel it needs some more mangling... Once I
get my Bob Moog ring modulater - I'll be
tweaking away with new sounds and with the
percussive line.

about the break... I see, where it could build up
again, but I run into trouble when the second
stab juno line, is off-key with the rolly/rumbly...
So, I would have to introduce some new
sounds... this would be hard. A lot settled on
the juno stab line... prolly why I brought it back,
and brought the tune with 2-D ending.

Other than that... I feel, I should vary the drums
more, and as you said, modulate the sounds
in the break and so forth. I could still work this
tune too.

Oh and your right about the minutes thing... It
should be bangin when 3:00 - 3:30 comes
around... thanks bro for the indepth.

brad: thanks for the listen. Was listening to
that Duo Electro track and found it flowed
good and sounded true (whatever that
means)... and neat opening beat transistion.

Message 8/12                 Date: 01-May-02  @  02:33 PM     Edit: 01-May-02  |  02:34 PM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

Maarten

Loving the percussion in the beginning, nice build of atmosphere... kick comes in- nice drive... (up untill now there's no recognition  . Break falls at 2 min... 'bangs' along nicely, I like the short decayed synth percussion thingys (Is that the virus? I can't tell). Just missing some "exiting" basslines, but that might just be me. Without repeating psylichon too much, *great* club tune which does need a bit more adrenaline IMHO but then again, you might not be after that. Cool effects btw. I will have another listen tonight at home as I could be missing out on a few things over these here PC speakers...

Props!

-M-

Message 9/12                 Date: 02-May-02  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

sitarsong

Nice. I like what it does at about 2 minutes in. Nice mood going on. Psylichon has a point about breaks and the "gotcha" dropouts and stuff. But I likes it. I'd have to listen again and as we all know, I'm know expert but you might mess with the compression on the drums a bit. Short attack and bring the release time down until it's pumping and then roll it back a bit to taste. Maybe. What do I know. But nice. Keep it coming. We have to blow those West Coast dudes out of the water. Show em what a real earthquake is like.  

Message 10/12                 Date: 03-May-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Rhythm Killer

panama

thanks for the comments guys...

sitar, you never get old.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum