0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23                 Date: 28-Apr-02  @  12:23 AM   -   Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

brad

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Me and Marianimal had a good gig last nite at this party called Bliss, here in SF. And we finally got a good recording! One of the best from last nite's set is called "Ephedrine."

And guess what? I just posted it!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

Link?:  No link

It's about drugs in the workplace. And you can dance to it. And people did.

(bump)

Message 3/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitar

Link?:  Link

Can't wait to listen you 2. Great you're playing out. I have a dinner engagement after work tonight, so I might not be able to listen until tomorrow night. Gotta catch up on some listening all around.

Message 4/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

frostbyte

i hate it when i listen to something and feel i'm missing out on something, guess you had to be there. you've got ovaries of steel, singing and manipulating at the same time.

major props to both of you,

when i was a gym queen, i used to live on a steady diet of red bull, sesame snaps and ephedrine. I was so cute then.

Message 5/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

brad

frostbyte you're funny!

Thanks sitar. Hey I saw your handwriting on that CD you sent marianimal...feel like I know you that much better, heh.

Message 6/23                 Date: 30-Apr-02  @  08:25 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

You're prolly hearing Brad manipulating while I'm singing, if you mean a synth sound. But tanx anyway. Sorry you felt left out. Sometimes live things do sound that way.

Message 7/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitarsong

Hey this is nice. Is that you Marianimal? You go girl.   I'd love to hear some fx on your voice. Might not be your style or what your after, but some very purposefully placed delays...wild ones. A little reverb to help your voice sit in with the mix. But that's a different style. Forgive me if I'm off base. Cool track. Nice groove. Way to go. More! More!

Message 8/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  05:49 AM     Edit: 02-May-02  |  05:51 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

marianimal

Yes it is I. Absolutely it needs 'verb. That's our next purchase I believe, a decent rack reverb unit. Thanks for listening. Again, apologies that I haven't been able to listen to others' tunes lately.

Message 9/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

influx

not even verb necessarily but to be pulled back just a bit, and just SOMETHING

just a bit too dry sounding. and way too upfront (its gotta be a BITCH to get a good mix in a live setting like that, so props for trying)

also..it sounds a bit like M's voice is..drifting..maybe you couldnt hear the music properly to 'hit' it?

but..its quite cool to hear something and know that it was done on the fly. would like to come check this out sometime!

Message 10/23                 Date: 02-May-02  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Live from Bliss - Duo Electro

sitar

Link?:  Link

yea props to you two. Ever think about bringing a puter along and running your voice through it using a nice reverb plugin? Just a suggestion.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum