0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  11:44 AM   -   Could I Have Your Feedback Please

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Everyone,

I've just put another new track up on the music page and would really appreciate your comments.
(Except for Influx, who keeps saying he'll tell me what he thinks, and never does. So don't bother Influx)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

k

Link?:  Link

weird.... that's my coment... sorta 80's synth vibe?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/18                 Date: 25-Apr-02  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

Cloud Nine

Thanks for your comment K, I suppose it is weird, I was going for a certain sound.

I'm just about to upload another track, and this one is something completely different for me - hard and banging. It's not really finished yet, but any comments about would be appreciated, especially as it is uninished.

Message 4/18                 Date: 26-Apr-02  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

influx

why would you care what I think, anyway?

I have listened to some of your stuff..just listened to the new one and I have to say that it sounds way too much like this parade they used to do at disneyland...Electric Light Parade or something like that...

it doesnt sound "bad" mind you..just a bit dated?

listened to the second track in your list...just not into it, but that means NAUGHT really. Seems like youre in control of whats going on, well thought out, etc, and the mixes sound fine, so...

carry on, and hopefully you dont care TOO much what other people think (if you like it yourself, then solid)

Message 5/18                 Date: 26-Apr-02  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

Cloud Nine

Thanks Influx.

"Why would I care what you think anyway?" Well, I've listened to your stuff, read what you've had to say on these forums, and it's obvious you know what you're doing and what you're saying. I'm interested in all the feedback I can get, cos I'm still learning. It'll be one year next month since I started doing this, I've got a way to go yet. I think I can learn my craft far better by paying attention to what other people with more experience than me have got to say.

I don't know anything about the Electric Light Parade at Disney, but if some of my stuff sounds dated, then that's all to the good, because I'm trying to develop my own style and it is heavily influenced by music from the 70's and 80's (not disco btw). Also, as I pointed out to Sitar, I've come into this from a different angle to a lot of people, I hadn't intended to do dance music at all in the first place - I used to hate it. I'm not interested in being "progressive" just to be commercially viable, I don't think you are either? One other thing is, there's a lot of electronic music I'm not familiar with - so I've got some catching up to do as well.

I've been told I've got a style of my own, so that shows up even after this relatively short period of time. I want to develop that style, and hopefully produce something fresh, if not entirely new as I develop it.

So there you have it.

I wanted your opinions because I value them, the same as I value everybody else's.

Message 6/18                 Date: 26-Apr-02  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

influx

bleck! Ptooey!

dont value me! PLEASE

anyway...me saying it sounds dated has nothing to do with the "gotta be the newest hottest most futuristic" attitude or the "if its already been done, dont do it again" thing either cuz thats just too constricting

it was just..the new one (?) at the top of the list sounded..just...I dunno...like all you have is a Juno60 or something, which I doubt is the case

thing is...more CAN be done because we have access to so many tools...so...youre pretty much obligated to push (your own) envelope at least a little

but...if this is just your first year, then..hell man..youre ing proliferous as all getup!...

so you keep crankin em out, without really trying to hard to specifically emulate anything, and eventually what will develop is your own style..

but you really otta go out and investigate whats out there. Not all electronic music is "dance" stuff...and sometimes the floorfillers are the ones that have the dopest sounds (even if they fall far short of being "timeless" which most electronic music certainly does)

Message 7/18                 Date: 26-Apr-02  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

Cloud Nine

Thanks for the advice (good advice) Influx. Actually I haven't got a Juno, it's all done with soft synths, but the sound is meant to be "minimal", I was experimenting because I haven't tackled anything like that before, and it's not finished yet;

and no, I'm not bullshiting when I say I've only been doing this for a year. I started out last May with Audiomulch, that was the program that got me started. Then I played about with Rebirth, but didn't like it (it's a bitch to use) and finally discovered Orion which is what I've used for the last 7 months or so. There wasn't even anything intentional in any of this, I sorta fell into it, found I liked it, and wham - I was hooked.

Message 8/18                 Date: 26-Apr-02  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

influx

Link?: Link

didnt think you were bullshitting. just meant that youre mighty productive is all.

Message 9/18                 Date: 26-Apr-02  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

Cloud Nine

Yeah, I know, I wasn't implying anything. Btw, where's xoxos?

Message 10/18                 Date: 26-Apr-02  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: Could I Have Your Feedback Please

influx

Link?: Link

sleeping. works graveyard

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum