0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Is it tekno?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  02:14 AM   -   Is it tekno?

sitarsong

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I named it "Other..." just in case it's not.

Definately is. 4 on the floor too.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

sitarsong

Comments welcome as always. Thanks.

Message 3/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

influx

Link?:  Link

oh god. what happened to just "techno"...?

when did it become cool to spell things wrong?

music made with, and about TECHnology, right? Ive never used any TEKnological devices.

off to listen you freak

Message 4/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

Maarten

Great percussion...like the bass coming 1:35. Cool how everything explodes after the break, would liked that part to go on somewhat longer- oh wait, there it is again. Has a nice dark atmosphere to it, really like that bass man but *please* let it run somewhat longer   HEY! Do something about the ending man- you just pressed [stop].
hehe, don't know if this is te"k"no but it sure is a sweet track!

Message 5/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

sitar

Influx, there was a discussion in the live gigging forum about techno vs. tekno. Someone said tekno is how they spell it in the UK. It's 1 keystroke less concerning the long as possible postponement of repetitive stress syndrome. That's one excuse. The C and H keys on my keyboard at home stopped working. That's another excuse. My dog ate my C and H keys....that's what really happened.

Maarten, I did the ending like that on purpose. Just one possible ending. It works for me when I imagine another different type of track following this one after a few seconds of silence.

I like this track. It's one of the few I've done that is actually danceable. Maybe something is starting to sink in  

Message 6/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

Maarten

I got that Sitar but the timing of your stop button is off, is it at the end of your daisy-chain?

Message 7/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

sitar

Yea. Well, it has shock value. That's why I liked it. But there are better ways to end it I'm sure.

Message 8/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

Maarten

It was a shock yes. Shocks are good, so forget I said anything already.

Message 9/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

bedwyr

techno with a k? i think not. didn't used to be anyway. the only time i saw it with a k was on a "jungle tekno" jungle compilation years ago. i just pulled out a uk compilation from 89 of 'cutting edeg north american dance music' (heard, saunderson, derrick may etc.) apparently it was "second generation techno-funk" then.

sitar, this is most definately techno, with a few european influences in there, courtesy of your lead synth sound. reminds me a little of some things on peacefrog from when i used to buy records, if a little fast. maybe a little harsh on the ears frequency wise. i likes it, gets my vote.

Message 10/19                 Date: 23-Apr-02  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Is it tekno?

sitar

Thanks for having a listen Bedwyr. I'm of the "eq it yourself" school. Gives the listener something to do...dive for the equaliser on their stereo system   I brought the "give it some air" high end eq to the brink I think. It's good to know the track is techno. Didn't see how this track could be anything else really.

Maarten, :P

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum