0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  03:15 AM   -   DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

Zink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

www.ddx3216.com

This mixer seems really cool for the price - I was looking at an 01v, but now... Hmmm...

Anybody had a play with this thing?? Whadaya think??

Michael

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

behringer isnt really known for a great quality in thier products.

but maybe they shaped up before making this one though.

Message 3/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

Brett

it's tight. I have an o1v and was looking into those, but i am going with the dm24 instead. Selling the o1v in about two months.

Message 4/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

influx

funny, but every piece of behringer gear I had has done what it was supposed to, no prob.

That mixer is sposed to be one solid MF'er. I know someone who knows someone who owns one and just flat LOVES it

Im damn impressed with the inputs alone!

Message 5/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  07:54 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

gb

Link?:  Link

I'm also impressed with what they managed to get into one unit. And the price is excellent, compared to buying two 01vs instead, like some people do...

Message 6/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

influx

hehe.

honestly I think behringer have their shit ironed out enough to make them worthwhile. Sure..you hear stories, but I have heard stories about Mackie, Emu (seen PLENTY of fucked up Emu gear), Access, Novation, Digidesign, MOTU, Emagic

uh..should I keep going?

sometimes people knee-jerk associate "affordable" with CHEAP, and there is truly a distinction in certain instances

Message 7/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

k

so what the working protocol - you have 16 inputs 12 mic and 2 x stereo line - and 16 faders which either work as 16 chanel fader for whichever of the two position 32 channels you are working and then reverts to be sends & subs when flipped to master mode or something like that?

hmm... read some of the manual - it has a relative mode for mixing - when you click record in 'Relative' mode the faders set themselves to 0db but the actual fader levels is as-is in the mix & display on the fader screen showing their positions which also is audible - then if you go and grab a fader to tweak a channel it moves the fader posotion RELATIVE to 2 whatever the actual fader position is in the mix... handy!!! - so like if the actual value of the fader on channel12 in the mix is -18db and you grab the fader in record-mode while it is reset to 0bd and start to move the fader UP i guess that then picks up the fader position in s/w at -18db and starts to push up the level from there.... hmm!

balanced inputs and inserts too on all channels. also channels13/14 switches to input s/pdif or analog.

Message 8/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

99devils

And 2 available lightpipe interfaces   I'd kill to get those extra 8 channels into my 01V.

-Craig

Message 9/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

gb

Link?:  Link

Don't be such a cheapskate, craig. Go buy another 01v like normal idiots do... ;o)

Message 10/66                 Date: 16-Apr-02  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: DDX3216 - Too good to be true?

99devils

Votive's 01V just went for $850-ish on Ebay.. So if I sold my 01V for $850 that'd still leave me with about $1200 to spend on the Behringer plus 2 ADAT cards.. A second (used) 01V actually WOULD be cheaper for me.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 66 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum