0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: What equipment do I need?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  12:42 AM   -   What equipment do I need?

BB

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I like to start DJ. With CD's. What equipment do I need to get started?

I need a mixer and what else....is there any good mp3 mixer on the market to get use to dj?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/25                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

sp

Yep you will need a mixer and two decks,don't ask me about brands etc cause I know nothing about Djing other than Technics make the best 12" decks and Pioneer make the best CDJ decks.Your best bet would be to find a store in your area that sells them(even rent them for a while),they could make up a cheap package for you to get started with.As for the Mp3 mixer I presume there is loads,even free ones,I don't know much in this area or with DJing equipment in general,perhaps somebody else could throw in some ideas??

Message 3/25                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Why just CD's, why not both? How much is your budget, and what are you trying to accomplish?

Ape

Message 4/25                 Date: 02-Apr-02  @  08:30 PM     Edit: 02-Apr-02  |  08:31 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

dissonance

actually, Technics don't make the best decks anymore. The new Vestax PDX 2000 is the shit. Higher torque, faster start and stop. Adjustable stop speed accessible on the deck as opposed to the 1200, where you have to take off the platter and turn a pot with a screwdriver. The pitch control is better as well. you have +/- 10% right off the bat, with an additional 50% of change using a secondary adjuster.

This deck tracks like a champ, even up on it's side! You could be spinning in the 1994 quake that interupted that baseball game, and it wouldn't skip!

http://www.vestax.com/products/pdx2000.htm

give it a look.

Message 5/25                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

sp

Yes but is that advice going to much use to a complete beginner?

I am not disputing your superior knowledge so don't get me wrong here,but the bloke wants to learn,experiment and see if he can develop a serious interest in DJing,not spend a s##tload of cash on 4 sets of decks,a 4 channel mixer and a tracking and torque system that can withstand the power of an earthquake he is going to have to spend quite a bit of money.Which would be wasted if he lost interest in a few months.

Hey BB? Where in the world are you? If you are in the UK there is "DJ Magazine"(among others)which will give you pages and pages of shop advertisemts with all types of pre made set ups including beginner packages at rock bottom prices all the way up to full blown nightclub sound systems,you should have a look,the articles are always crap and the reveiws are bull,but the ads are what you should you be looking for!

Message 6/25                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

milan

the guy said he wants to try mixing with CD´s, and here you are arguing about turntables...so much for experts. tsk tsk.

;)

Message 7/25                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  04:41 AM     Edit: 03-Apr-02  |  04:42 AM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

complaisance_resistance_corps

who was arguing? I was simply enlighening those interested, if you're not I apologize. I guess it is off topic....kinda.

But he wouldn't really have to risk too much. The resale value on them is very high.

and if you notice, it says "deejay", not "disc jockey", I think that implies certain things.

dissonance

Message 8/25                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

Drop

Why purchase Vestax when all the clubs use Technics?

Message 9/25                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

Pongoid

And why just use CD's? Records, CDs, MP3s, MDs, learn to mix all of it. They are all just tools for influencing moods.

Ape

Message 10/25                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: What equipment do I need?

dissonance

I will concede that most clubs use the 1200s, but why spend $450 on Technics when you can spend $400 and get a better product? besides, it's not like after you spin on a Vestax, you won't be able to play on the 1200s any longer. I've still got my 1200s, although I'm saving up to buy the PDX 2000s because it's the best product.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum