0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Compressor help?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  12:09 PM   -   Compressor help?

Paleface

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Right, I've now got a working studio and have been pumping stuff out. And I've realised that I need a compressor. More than I need a VA, or anything else shiny, I need a compressor, to beef up old drumloops and the powerful drum samples, and generally make the mix a bit nicer.

Problem: very low budget. I've heard good things about the Behringer (you know, the composer pro, £76 from DV), there's a guy nearby selling a Nanocompressor for £60 (but I might haggle down - sadly no mono operation tho), or should I just save for the RNC?

I know it's what I need. I just don't have much budget.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

damballah

Link?: Link

RNC's great for a stereo bus. Doesn't run dual-mono. If it did that it'd be a lot more useful.

Message 3/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

influx

Link?:  Link

composer solid and functional but no "sound" to it. sure would be cool if the RNC was dual mono.

I say save up and get a Meek SC2. 

Message 4/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

k

Link?:  Link

how about a s/h drawmer or a Symetrix ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

Paleface

Turdkey are now selling off dbx 266XLs for something silly... £99. Any good?

Message 6/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

harold

yeh, i got a 266xl from turkeys for £99, its cool man and probably the best in its price range... nice responsive gate too...

Message 7/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

harold

then again, my mate just bought a four channel smason comp for not much more cash... might be worth a look if budget's your main ting... its got good lights.

Message 8/26                 Date: 30-Mar-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

influx

the 166A has a better sound...dunno bout the 266xl

I would probably say avoid samson.

nother good affordable one is the Joe Meek C2...VERY warm sounding, but again no dual mono...

Message 9/26                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Compressor help?

k

i'd love to try one of those RNC's especialy at the price...

Message 10/26                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Compressor help?

xoxos

me too.. the dbx266xl is a noisy fuck.. sure, it gates, and it does compress.. but at what cost? imho does the job but i'd really like to get into something better.. nicer maybe.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum