0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: good multi-fx unit

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23                 Date: 15-Mar-02  @  12:59 PM   -   good multi-fx unit

soulsurvivor

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm after a good, cheap multi fx unit and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Id like the unit to have a good variety of delays especially and hopefully dual channel (or is that to much to ask?). I was looking at the Roland SRV series, which can apparently break a mono signal into two by analysing the frequencey, or something like that, and they are very tweakable.

I am fed up of the internal delay in my A3000 not allowing my to fine tune my delay times as it rounds them up to the nearest five.

Has anyone used these roland units or can anyone suggest anything similar?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/23                 Date: 18-Mar-02  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

influx

Link?:  Link

boss VF-1 

got one for sale, too  $250

Message 3/23                 Date: 18-Mar-02  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

k

Link?:  No link

they are sposed to 'rock' yes - never used one meself, but well rated on 'user comments' sites & NG's.

Message 4/23                 Date: 18-Mar-02  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

influx

aside from the sales attempt..I absolutely LOVE the VF-1 I own (got two if youre wondering)

tons of cool delays and just so much more!

I dont know anythnig about the other stuff, so I can't comment

Message 5/23                 Date: 18-Mar-02  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

panama

Link?:  No link

as usual, I second the VF-1. The delays and
choruses F-ing rock! The verbs are cool too -
very clubby sounding... the reverb needs to be
eq'ed seperately from the Direct sound... too
muddy for my tastes - but a great source of
verbs.

Also, the distortion section rocks AND the
programmable Gates rock my analog gear!

fantastic unit! :-)

Message 6/23                 Date: 19-Mar-02  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

Roshi

Agreed...I have a VF1 and a Really Nice Compressor in my gigging rack and the VF1 is really quite good for the money...not very tweakable live, but being able to sync loads of parameters to MIDI clock makes it a tasty addition on an aux send. (syncable phaser and gates...mmmm....) Loads of possibilities with it. A nice sounddesign tool, too...

T

Message 7/23                 Date: 19-Mar-02  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

Defector Z

Yo, I have an SRV3030d and I am thrilled with it. No distorsion or nothing, but the delays are all midi-syncable, dual mono (or stereo), and lots of routing options for some very unique sounds. Chorusing and phasing and flanging. I haven't done a lot of tweaking as the presets are quite good. The quality of the reverb is phenomenal. I absolutely love mine.

Message 8/23                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

nothingnewhere

ive got a srv-3030 too, and its great. but its hardly a multi-fx box, the chours/flange/resonator effects seem like an afterthought more than anything else.

look into lexicon mpx units.

Message 9/23                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

Pongoid

Have any of you tried a DP/4+ yet?

Message 10/23                 Date: 20-Mar-02  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: good multi-fx unit

influx

hell yeah! theres one, too!

and theyre not that expensive. I was thinking BUDGET, but pongoid's suggestion is just a small step up the scale, and well worth the extra $$$

you could still buy my VF-1 tho 

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum