0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: I need feedback......

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  11:51 AM   -   I need feedback......

stephen

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello all, Ive just uploaded a track to Dancetech under the name of Soul Survivor, its called Bootsey Juicey. Its a bit of a tec-house bubbler.

Anyway, Ive never encoded my tracks at 22khz before so I was surprised at how much of the detail and clarity of the sound has been lost. Id really appreciate any comments you guys have on this track, however negative. Thank you.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

woxy

yep - like it. nice synth line you've got there - you've managed to just filter it in and out without it getting too boring - so its obviously a good riff - probably 'cos it sits well with the bassline. drums sound tight and your ride 909s come in and out like lots of other tech-house numbers. i'm sure people would dance to that in a warm up set.

only critisism :: i've heard the 'you make me feel so good' sample loads and loads and loads of times

woxy

Message 3/18                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

stephen

I was unaware that sample had been used recently (i'm a tad out of touch with the scene). I'll maybe dig out another vocal line. Thanks for the comments anyway, Think I'll have to remix the track with some compression on the bassline though.

Message 4/18                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

woxy

it was on a Radio1 jingle about 5years ago too!

Message 5/18                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

bedwyr

lovely.   but yeah, that sample.

Message 6/18                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: I need feedback......

sitar

Link?:  Link

Beautiful beginning. Makes me feel good inside. Well there you go. The female comes in saying "you make me feel so good". This is really a nice track. I like her accent. What general part of the world is she from? Or maybe it's a sample. No matter. Very soothing track. Would be nice to here it in a club or from a stage in a hall performance. The only thing I don't like so much is the chord modulating up. It's nice when it takes that slide, but the step modulation took the mood away for me. Just my opinion. Nice track. It's a keeper. You should use it on the cd when the time comes, if it hasn't already.

Message 7/18                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: I need feedback......

milan

man iŽll listen to this one tomorrow, but let me tell you: that downtempo piece you have on your website ROCKS! thats a kick ass track mate! i just love how the drums flirt with double tempo/dnb while staying in the slow downtempo groove. also excellent keys/synths and melodies. excellent production throughout. wicked stuff. please dont tell me you used Reason for sounds  

oh, and if that track isnt released, it should be, and like yesterday.

great stuff! cheer, M.

Message 8/18                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: I need feedback......

influx

Link?:  Link

is this "feel so good" sample the same one moby used?

Message 9/18                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

xoxos

nice track   did you try transposing the clap or the closed hat as well??

Message 10/18                 Date: 01-Mar-02  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: I need feedback......

bedwyr

i know what sitar means about the key changes. have you tried changing the chord voicings so that there's less note movement? maybe you did, i can't listen at the moment.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum