0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Newbie. Can someone help me?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  10:48 PM   -   Newbie. Can someone help me?

Nology

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I don't know why this is so f*cking difficult. All I want to do is post my tracks here to stream. I've streamed off my webspace in the past, but can't get them to work right, so I"m trying to host them here.

My question is...What program are you guys using to compress these to 28.8? The SMALLEST I can get my 6 minute Mp3's is like 1.7 megs. After that it should work out, but what can I use to compress these tracks to less than 500k????

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

Sloworm

Link?: Link

use music match jukebox..its free

Message 3/11                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

Nology

Grrrrr. Even with music jukebox, the smalles I'm getting is 1.2 megs. Wtf!?

Message 4/11                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

steve

500k is the max for attatchments, not actual tracks - you get 1.5 meg for that. Just encode it at 32/22 MAX and then upload to your user page (you`ll need to sign up if you haven`t already - 'login/signup' from the dropdown menu at the top right there).

You can then create your own webpage mp3.com style, but less crap - www.dancetech.com/~nology or whatever.

Message 5/11                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

sitarsong

Yea if you're down to 1.2 megs for 6 minutes it sounds like you're right on the money. You still have a little headroom too  

Message 6/11                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

influx

Link?:  Link

actually its 28/22 mono.

musicmatch doesnt have that option?

Message 7/11                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

Brett B

No, use wavelab like me because it's expensive and spending money can fix anything!

Message 8/11                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

sitar

Brett, do you not use the encoder that comes with Sonar?

Message 9/11                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

influx

ahahahahaha!!!!!

dude, brett. come on! If I kept tracks of the times you told some kid to go buy this or that...

youre not the only one that comes from that angle though, so dont take it too harshly.

Message 10/11                 Date: 27-Feb-02  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Newbie. Can someone help me?

milan

AHEM... actually its 24/22- not 28!

influx caught in bad number-spelling shocker!

nahnananahnah  

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum