0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Comments etc Pleasel

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 23-Feb-02  @  02:03 PM   -   Comments etc Pleasel

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi All,

I've just uploaded 3 new tracks, and I'd really appreciate it if some of you could give them a listen and let me know what you think.

The tracks are:

Aztec

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Caller

Pearl Diver

Very many thanx in advance.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 23-Feb-02  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

david G

i like your tracks, i think you have your own style, which is good.

i actually like "Aztec" more than the others, but after a couple of minutes it gets very noisy. i think its some sort of clipping caused by converting it into mono, because sometimes i get the same result in soundforge.

i, erm, just put the volume down...

Message 3/13                 Date: 23-Feb-02  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

cloud nine

Thanks for your comments - and yes, you're right it is a bit noisy, so I've just re-uploaded a new version of it at a lower decibel rate, so that should correct the problem.

Message 4/13                 Date: 24-Feb-02  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

nxo

Link?: Link

I like The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Caller better than other tracks (others aren't bad at all). It has that boards of canada feels to it, but that's not why I like it. I think I like it because it tells a story anyone can easily related to. In every track, it sounds like you have fun making sounds, which is great.

Message 5/13                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

Cloud Nine

Thanks for your comments, I was hoping I might get a few more, but I guess the kind of stuff I'm producing doesn't appeal to the folks round here much.

Maybe I should try another website?

Message 6/13                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

knowa

Link?:  Link

I can't be too specific cuz I listen at work. I like that you seem to pay a lot of attention to harmonies in "lonliness" (Iron Maidem reference?). in general, the beats seem a little too repetitive, though. overall it sounds a little too raw, but I can hear that you're going for an unusual sound, which I admire. keep it up and keep posting them here. sometime I'll try to listen louder and more critically, since it seems you're hungry for input.

Message 7/13                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

david G

hey cloud 9,

dont worry, its not the wrong website. its that they' re hypnotized by DJ MEGAHEAD's new cheese trance track....

as the above guy pionted out, you're probably after your own sound, and, as long as you like it, its perfect.

Message 8/13                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

Breakerbox

Link?: Link

I think you have cool ideas.. may be a bit more production?
If you did some 16 bar snarerolls with filter sweeps and 4 on the floor drumz... you probably would get a llot more reviews. Not that i hate that kind of music  .

Message 9/13                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

Cloud Nine

Very many thanks to all of you for your comments, suggestions, praise etc. Yes, I am trying to create my own distinctive sound, and from what you've said, it seems I'm achieving that. But it's a fine line to tread, I still want the music to be dance orientated.
It'd be easy to take the same path as a hundred others and start doing melodic trance or something, I've tried my hand at trance, but it bores me - it's like painting by numbers. I'm still on a learning curve, so I take all suggestions and comments seriously.

To Breakerbox I'd like to say there is some 4 on the floor drumz, it's just that I think they don't sound like it because the music is different. On the production side, I know I do need to put more work in. So I'll start paying more attention to that.

To Knowa - yes I do need the feedback, it's the only way I'm going to be able to achieve what I set out to do - create something dinstinctive, but hopefully, eventually, commercially viable.
I need the feedback to learn my craft.

Don't worry, I'll carry on posting here, I don't really want to leave anyway, I've got to like it!

Message 10/13                 Date: 26-Feb-02  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: Comments etc Pleasel

influx

Link?:  Link

"loneliness"....uh....I really gotta hear the answer about the Iron Maiden reference

you do realize that there is a song by maiden called "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" right? On Somewhere in Time?

damn...wasted years. what an awesome song!!!

maiden fucking rocks. Off to go dig out KILLERS!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum