0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  10:31 AM     Edit: 21-Feb-02  |  10:33 AM   -   Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi folx

Well after some time, Darkstate is back with some new material... this time its dark'n'funky drum'n'bass!!!

This one'll be on our new project but we liked it enough to get it out early in order to get some feedback...

"One Clean Break" Feat. Suzie Clarke

Our new bass player Stu on funky double bass...

Any thoughts and comments please??

Thanks in advance...

Marc_D

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

Moujik

Link?:  Link

Very nice!

Got a bit of an EZ Rollers / Kosheen vibe to it IMHO which is no bad thing. Vocal sounds great even at this bit rate; I guess having a decent singer help the mixing/engineering, eh?

I thought the double bass was a bit quiet; I couldnt really hear it on hi-fi speakers but it came through quite nicely on headphones. I also got quite a bit of skipping at around 2.30 - I'm assuming it was my connection, but thought I'd mention it.

Top stuff overall!

Message 3/19                 Date: 24-Feb-02  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

nxo

Not the kind of music I can give comments to, but I like it. Sounds very cool. Did the vocalist actually sing to the music while recording or they are written and put together during the production?

Message 4/19                 Date: 25-Feb-02  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

Marc_Dark

Link?:  No link

Thanks for the interest guys!!

The vocalists all sing along to the tracks in the recording sessions themselves.. sometimes these just start out as ideas sessions that evolve into Jam sessions and finally recording ones.. othertimes, we've already got the song written and a specific idea and just get the girl to sing it.. sometimes its the vocalist herself that has the ideas..

Marc_d

Message 5/19                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

marianimal

This is really well done. More soulful to me than Kosheen. Like that bass a lot.

Message 6/19                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

milan

yeah man, good track! hehe, vocal dnb is my particular cup of tea. very cool bassline, (reminds me slightly of ez rollers).

my only comment is that everything sounds overly compressed, like you stuck a heavy limiter at -10db treshhold. maybe let it breathe a bit more? or maybe not, this gives it certain weight.

anyway, cool stuff, keep it up.

cheers, M.

Message 7/19                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

Marc_D

Thanks again folx..

Milan, dunno about overly compressed ;) I'm guessing any detail like you're picking up on is prolly an artifact of it being a lo-fi compressed audio stream here at DT... I could be wrong, but there you go...  

Message 8/19                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  11:57 AM     Edit: 28-Feb-02  |  11:57 AM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

milan

yeah, i thought it might be the lo-fi thing.

cool. i play melodic dnb out in bars and such quite often, and this is the kind of track iŽd play with no problem.

cheers, M.

Message 9/19                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

Marc_Dark

Well.. if I can get the financing sorted out, we'll be putting this and a more instrumental flavoured remix out on vinyl soon...

Could throw a copy your way if you think you'd get some play out of it?  

Message 10/19                 Date: 28-Feb-02  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Dark Vocal Drum'n'Bass

Tj

Crunchy dnb.... very funky.. the girl sounds luverly!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum